PDA

View Full Version : For those with both Souveran and Natty`s

Scottwax
09-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Put on a couple layers of Souveran a few days apart. Wait a week, wash your car then top with Natty`s.

Tried it on my car (although Souveran applications were a couple weeks apart) and the Rolls Phantom (Souveran applied about 4 weeks apart). I didn`t seem to lose any of the Souveran depth, but the paint was noticably wetter. Should have pics by this weekend. :)

sQuashed
09-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Im here just to wait for you to tell me what to do with MY products on my Black SS....:up :up

I will certainly try this Scottwax.

Scottwax
09-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by sQuashed

Sometimes I wonder if Im here just to wait for you to tell me what to do with MY products on my Black SS....:up :up

I will certainly try this Scottwax.

I just want to see if anyone else gets the same results I did. :nixweiss

BTW, I got a ride in the Phantom tonight. It is like riding in a bank vault. The car feels very solid and heavy, but the owner did prod the gas just a bit and I have no doubt that engine has the advertised 531 lb-ft of torque!

Pats300zx
09-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Scott,

That is is a very interesting tip. I have both Souveran and Natty`s and this is something I def want to try. :up

SilverLexus
09-10-2004, 10:05 AM
:showpics

Sorry Scott I couldn`t resist. ;)

Your photography is only exceeded by the quality of your detailing (also very high).

By the way, I have been reading in my computer magazines that several mfrs are about to release budget 7 megapixel cameras soon for under $500.

I look forward to the pics! :xyxthumbs

imported_DetailGirl
09-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I just want to see if anyone else gets the same results I did. :

Well just send me some Souv and I will tell you if the results are the same! Even though its a tax write off I cant justify spending $60 on wax right now

stilez
09-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Gotta get some Souveran first :(

I think I am gonna get Trade Secret and compare it with Dino`s Souveran side-by-side. I want to see if there is a difference.

But good tip. Thank you :)

Scottwax
09-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Well just send me some Souv and I will tell you if the results are the same! Even though its a tax write off I cant justify spending $60 on wax right now

Maybe when I finish off the Natty`s I have in a small 2 oz sample size, I can pack up some Souveran for you to try. I am sure we can work out a trade. ;)

Lee-The main problem with digital is then I also have to get a photo quality printer and paper and I still don`t think those prints look quite as good as 35mm film processed in a good photo lab.

I did drop off the film this evening at Wolf Camera, I`ll pick the pics up early in the afternoon but I have an Escalade ESV to wash and a Dodge Ram to wash/polish/wax in the afternoon so you`ll have to wait until the evening.

Sean-Natty`s should work well over TS too. I`d just wait a few days before going over it with Natty`s.

SilverLexus
09-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Lee-The main problem with digital is then I also have to get a photo quality printer and paper and I still don`t think those prints look quite as good as 35mm film processed in a good photo lab.

I completely agree. I have a Nikon F100 and just use Fuji slide film. For digital I scan in and get around 12-20MP resolution if I want.

My friends who are more into digital photography just can`t get near the digital quality I am achieving by having my slides done up at a pro lab.

Having said this, I really want to have the flexibility to post pics easily at Autopia and share the cars I am working on and the results of the hard work. To this end, I may pick up a good but not expensive 7-8MP camera soon. The other key to camera quality according to my friend Nick who is a pro is to get a digital chip that handles color and white balance properly. I`ve been looking at the Nikon D70 which is getting raves but $1K is more than I want to spend.

We now return to detailing...:)

imported_memnuts
09-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Keep your eyes open and ear to the ground.;) Every so often Souveran goes on sale. I got mind from Terry @ CMA for $40.:bounce

imported_series1
09-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Scott how many coats of Souveran? Around 2 or 3 before applying nattys?

Scottwax
09-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by series1

Scott how many coats of Souveran? Around 2 or 3 before applying nattys?

2 on my Mazda, 3 on the Rolls (about once every 4-5 weeks, I wax the Rolls).

BTW, pics are posted in click and brag. ;)