PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys One Step Polish

6']['9
09-09-2004, 09:28 PM
I like the ease of use that poorboys provides. As dumb as this may sound what do you think of mixing about

.5oz ssr 2.5

.25oz of PP

.5oz of Exp

i know it sounds kinda dumb but im considering trying it. I am figuring that the 2.5 will diminish along w/ the pro polish and the exp will add a little durability and pop. I have a feeling that the exp is going to be hard to polish out since its thick and all. but what do you guys think can it be done. I may end up trying it just to see how it works out. Any suggestions thanks

groebuck
09-09-2004, 10:20 PM
the PP has no abrasives in it - and it cleaning abilites will probably break down the ex-p or interfear with it all together.

imported_kgb
09-10-2004, 06:55 AM
I would just use Polish with Carnuba and top with EX-P.

AudiOn19s
09-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Hum...yes the PP has cleaners in it that "should" break down the EX-P....BUT then again...makes you wonder how there are soo many products out there that have solvents in them that actually leave a layer of protection behind as well???...

AIO...it`s got solvents yet leaves synthetic protection...ColorX is the same as well as many others.

6`][`9 I`d be VERY interested to see the outcome of this experiment...yet another reason why this board is soo great.

6']['9
09-10-2004, 08:20 AM
yeah the only reason i thought of it is because Meguiars offers a 66 which is pretty much an all in on per the Meguiars Customer Service Rep. So i figured since im always out inthe sun id give it a shot ill probably try messing w/ it on sunday and should be able to get pics up that night. Im just toying w/the idea of it, hopefully steve will see this when his daughter is ok and take it into consideration.

NavindraLR
09-10-2004, 08:26 AM
im interested in seeing these results... i always considered mixing stuff together, such as 1zpp and 1zmp... but never got around to it...

EBPcivicsi
09-10-2004, 08:36 AM
I am not much of a product mixer myself, but let us know how it turns out.

Have you tried PWC? I find that with the PC @5.5 you can definitely remove some minor swirls with it. I realize that you are relying upon the application method/material as PWC is mainly chemical, but it has worked for me.