PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Protege - WG

Sveta
09-09-2004, 08:17 PM
This is the "BAKED ON Silly String nightmare" that took about 8 hours to get it cleaned off two weeks ago. Elbow grease and Turtle Wax Tar/Bug remover was about the best stuff I could find.

Had not been cared for in two years, inside or out. Parked outside 24/7 in 300+ days a year under cancer causing New Mexico sunshine.

Wash NXT x 2, Clay Magic, QD. Paint not too bad at all. Surprised.

DACP very nice results. Should have skipped #9. Yellow pad.

#9 Polish pad

WG Polish MF applicator

WG Sealant MF applcator

VM glass

Bold N Bright

WG QD

Interior:303, Plexus, Prestone carpet, #39, #40, 1:8 woolite...etc.

Finsihed so late "2nd" day I did not have the bright light to reflect off the metallic paint. Sorry. Earlier in direct sun... it was blinding. I was impressed with Mazda`s silver metallic paint. Really glitters in direct light.

Sveta
09-09-2004, 08:19 PM

hirosh
09-09-2004, 08:25 PM
looks great. :xyxthumbs nice sticker on the back window. ;)

Scottwax
09-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Looks really nice! I`ll bet it looks even better in the sun.

Kind of frustrating when time passes so quickly while working you don`t finish in time to get the lighting you want. We will all be running into that more and more often as the days get shorter and the evil that is winter approaches. :(

Sveta
09-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by hirosh

looks great. :xyxthumbs nice sticker on the back window. ;)

Thank you, hirosh. The owner showed off her de-silly stringed car and now I have four more cars to do! She was happy I "saved" her sticker I guess.

--------

Scott,

I`ve seen some of your so-so light pictures and they always do justice to your work. Are you still using film or have you switched to digital?

stilez
09-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Kind of frustrating when time passes so quickly while working you don`t finish in time to get the lighting you want. We will all be running into that more and more often as the days get shorter and the evil that is winter approaches. :(

I 2nd that.

Looks great! Feels good to clean up the really bad ones doesnt it :)

imported_edschwab1
09-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Looking good. I like the reflection in the first shot.

Eric