PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Clay is a winner!

SilverLexus
09-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I have used this twice now and I was really impressed today. I did the following:

1. A2Z on my tires and wheels.

2. Wash with P21S Bodywork Shampoo.

3. Drive around the block and waffle weave MF drying.

4. Clay with Sonus and Glyde spray.

5. Wax with P21S.

What was really nice was the amount of dirt the clay picked up. The plastic box is perfect packaging. I truly baby my car and I was not expecting so much grime. It moved very fluidly and I could really feel a glassy smooth surface. Adding on the wax next created a very deep, wet look.

Highly recommended!

Accumulator
09-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Yep, the Sonus clay is my current favorite too.

LightngSVT
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Sounds like Sonus is an overall excellent producvt line!!

SilverLexus
09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
I really like their products although I am little bit less enthusiastic about the car wash product having been exposed to so many great washes....David has really done a tremendous job with this line. I am also looking forward to the new wash bucket and seat combo with grit guard.

mtodde
09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
It is great...very easy to use and much more effective than the Mother`s clay. I really liked the smell of Glyde too.

I do have to say that it appears to be the same as the new Megs clay. I helped a friend with his car over the weekend and I could swear the cellophane packaging is identical. Not that there`s anything wrong with that...You can get the Megs kit with lube for the same $10 as the Sonus clay if you don`t need another box.

JasonD
09-11-2004, 01:10 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought that David has already informed everyone that there is only one manufacturer of the clay and everyone just puts their order in for the color but the product is the same. I even remember someone here on the board posting pics of the Meg`s having the same exact number on the outside of the plastic baggie the clay came in.

Originally posted by SilverLexus

3. Drive around the block and waffle weave MF drying.

Drive around the block? If you baby your car as much as you say, I might not try to do this that often. :nono

Bill D
09-11-2004, 01:26 PM
How`s it compare to the Perfect Shine Clay? That looks like a very attractive value. Also, on average, how mnay uses do you expect to get out of these clay bars? ( assuming 80-100 grams each )

JasonD
09-11-2004, 01:34 PM
I believe the Perfect Shine bar and the Sonus bar are the same. The only difference that I can see is that the PS bar is 80 grams and the Sonus is 100 grams. I am going to post this question in the Autopia Car Care forum and see what David says. In the meantime, here`s a link to the Autopia Detailing Clay (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+zvHcbu+detailingclay.html+)

SilverLexus
09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Drive around the block? If you baby your car as much as you say, I might not try to do this that often.

I find this is a good way to remove some of the water so that WW MF drying is easier. I`ve never had a problem but I guess I am exposing the car to possible road dirt. I live in suburbia and the roads are new and in excellent condition so I never detect (as far as I know anyway) any material road grime.

I guess I could try sheeting the water which also works. I am a bit nervous about using a leaf blower.

imported_perry
09-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

I am a bit nervous about using a leaf blower.

Probably the same as driving around the block.. Using air to remove the water.. but without the risk of driving through a puddle or something :nixweiss

JasonD
09-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I just use my Sonus Der Wunder drying towel and after a few passes, the car is just as dry as driving it around the block. I`ve actually dried a complete car off without even having to ring out the towel once. It was a very hot day and a small car but it was over in about 5 minutes.

Bill D
09-11-2004, 03:09 PM
I`ve used a leaf blower dedicated only to car drying and now a car blower from PepBoys. I just don`t trust my suburban street. The whole street whould have to scrubbed,washed and dried before I drove the newly washed, partially wet car on it. :D A car dryer ( Makita makes nice,poweful, cordless but expensive one) combined with the ww is the answer for me :up