PDA

View Full Version : Need some help/opinions

97FLAIRSIDE
10-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Ok first time posting in a longggggggg time. I finally got off my butt and decided to detail my truck. It hadn`t been done in almost 2 years, but I did keep up with keeping it clean. I had gone apple pickin last week and put a few nice scuffs on the sides. I had used the ssr3 on them and got most of them off but that was by hand. So i decided to get the pc out and do it by machine (good idea). I only used 3 products (bad idea). 1. ssr3 2. pb polish 3. ex. My problem is I feel like after all that i still have shine to bring out of the paint. I feel like its shiny but not shiny. Like there is a haze/cloudy.

Boss, said its probably from using the ssr3 and then jumping to the polish that I didn`t polish it enough from using such an abrasive compound. I have ssr3, ssr2, polish and ex. I would like to know what else i should use? ssr1 and another polish? Should the polish be watery? Mine is.

When I get a good pic i`ll post it. Its just been cloudy so its not that great to take pics. But I have a pic of what I kinda want it too look like. I get lots of compliments when my truck is shined up. People just seem to love the green i have.

I also use the meg`s 3 pack pads. I got them as a starter kit. Could i also benefit from better pads?

Poorboy
10-26-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi Steve,

Since that time we came out with SSR2.5, which filled in a gap between 3 and 2 ...this is what was missing in your steps to remove any haze the powerful SSR3 left while removing the scratches:)
Welcome back;)

97FLAIRSIDE
10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
STEVE!!! So I should use the ssr2.5, whats so different between that and the ssr2? I`ve got that, should I try it and see if it helps? Also i should wash the truck now with dawn to get rid of the wax right?

John Styrnol
10-26-2004, 02:40 PM
No, do not wash with dawn. Get a good car shampoo/wash. The SSRs will take care of any wax on it.

97FLAIRSIDE
10-26-2004, 03:43 PM
thanks john. I`ve been using top of the lines car wash. Great stuff. If it stays decent like this tomorrow i`ll wash it then. I just did a lil sprucing up buy painting the axles and driveshaft. Chassis next and then a good all out detailing.....again!

kimwallace
10-26-2004, 07:40 PM
97Flairside,
There is a very noticable drop in abrasiveness from SSR 3 to SSR 2.
I have used 2 to restore the shine that the 3 took away. Working the 2 at about speed 5 on the PC with a polishing pad will look great. If you have the time and want a more awesome look, go over it again with SSR 1 on a polishing or finishing pad at speed 6 on the PC. You won`t believe you eyes. The paint will be extremely shiny and wet looking.

Poorboy
10-26-2004, 07:44 PM
STEVE!!! So I should use the ssr2.5, whats so different between that and the ssr2? I`ve got that, should I try it and see if it helps? Also i should wash the truck now with dawn to get rid of the wax right?

big difference in abrassives...as said above no dawn and the SSR`s will remove any wax...

take a ride up and I`ll help you out..the offer still stands;)

97FLAIRSIDE
10-26-2004, 07:45 PM
steve your back into doing that?

wet looking thats what i meant to describe my truck. I can`t believe i couldn`t remember that.

Poorboy
10-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I still dabble here and there:D