PDA

View Full Version : Paste Glaz... immediate removal best?

White95Max
09-09-2004, 09:13 AM
On the jar of Pinnacle Paste Glaz, it says to apply to one panel at a time and remove right away.

I`ve been doing a fender, hood, and roof, or so, and then removing all of it. Then I`ll do another 1/3 of the car or so...

My question is... has anyone tried allowing it to dry for a longer period? Was there any difference?

I thought maybe I would try letting it sit on the paint longer, and if it dried too hard, I would just use a damp MF to remove it.

Wouldn`t letting the wax sit on the paint longer allow more time for the wax to bond to the paint properly?

JasonD
09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
There`s no "need" to let the wax completely haze over before you buff it off (Turtle Wax days), but quite a few Autopians think otherwise and have had better results by letting it dry completely. Regardless, there isn`t a right or wrong way to do it. All that can happen is it will just be harder to remove. I say if you are curious, try it out and let us know which way you like better! :xyxthumbs

tom p.
09-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I generally do 2 panels and then go back and wipe off with MF. I`ve never let it sit for more than 10 mins.... Is there benefit in doing so?

Thx.

JasonD
09-11-2004, 04:01 PM
I don`t even do that. I wipe it on a small area and wipe it off immediately and get great results. Obviously, always read your particular product`s instructions and follow them, but so far both P21S and Pinnacle Souveran both say to wowo.

carcrazy22
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Any of you guys tried misting the applicator with water and then applying to the car ( i know instruction tells to use dry applicator ) ? By misting I meant, providing more lubricity and spreading evenly.