PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when the SSR`s have broekn down?

beanbag
09-09-2004, 05:54 AM
I have SSR 2.5 and 1. Because of their lotion-y nature, they tend to spread on the car very thin and don`t migrate around the pad a lot like some other watery polishes. Anyway, my experience is that first you start with a thin layer of SSRx, and it basically gets thinner and thinner. Sometimes I think there is nothing there, but looking with a LED light shows that there is still stuff on the surface. I talked to Steve once, and he said that you were supposed to use them like a shoe polish, e.g. polish until there isn`t any left anymore. Sometimes I feel towards the end of the polishing run that I`m just just pushing a bunch of oils around.

With SSR 2.5 I do manage to get a little bit of dusting towards the end, though.

s2skimon
09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
to answer your post, when there`s nothing left on my orange pad or when it`s wiped off completely with my MF towel

Jademonkey
09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I generally keep polishing until I start seeing a small amount of dust then stop and wipe off the residue.

6']['9
09-09-2004, 08:45 PM
i keep polishing til theres not much left.

sQuashed
09-09-2004, 10:35 PM
2.5 dusts fast... Do you keep going after that?

6']['9
09-10-2004, 08:22 AM
i dont worry about the dust i just wipe it off. When it starts dusting and i notice the pad working the product to where i can just barely see it then i stop and review my work. I have come to realize most SMR`s have to be broken down to a certain extent to be nice to remove. Granted the SSR is great to work w/i feel when i work it til its almost gone its easier to remove. hmm maybe its a psychological mind thing :nixweiss