PDA

View Full Version : how is this polisher?

dailo
09-08-2004, 06:23 PM
http://pepboys.crossmediaservices.com/pepboys/listing_detail.asp?listingid=-2097857717&storeid=2315108&offerid=&L2CatID=13340

I was planning on buying it, because its so cheap. Let me know, I`m gonna pick it up after work if its any good!

Bill D
09-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Welcome to Autopia Dailo :wavey

At the very best it could speed up wax application. I`d seriously reconsider it and wait to get a PC. I went through about 4 similar machines, ( the first 3 broke prematurely and they cost $30-$40 each)wasting several years wondering why I wasn`t improving any defects. Sorry for the disencouraging feedback but hope to save you some frustration.

dailo
09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks, I don`t really need it that much. I`ve probably spent maybe 12 hours or more on this forum learning how to clean my car. Finally decided to register. I was gonna use scratch x to take out some swirls on my moms benz and then nxt it, and then #16 tommorow. The swirls aren`t horrible, but nxt couldn`t do it. Thanks for the fast reply!

Eliot Ness
09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Looks just like the one I got from Harbor Freight a few years ago. It`s OK for putting on and buffing off wax, but it`s not fast or powerful enough for much else. I think I only used it once.... it was easier doing it by hand than finding bonnets that would fit it.

Basically you`ll be getting what you pay for....

Bill D
09-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

it was easier doing it by hand than finding bonnets that would fit it.

Basically you`ll be getting what you pay for....

Precisely

dailo
09-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Since you guys are here, is scratch x the best way to remove swirls by hand? Or do you think it will be good enough. I`ll be making a trip to pepboys after work, hopefully I won`t go too crazy :)

Bill D
09-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Meguiars will tell you that, I find it depends on the specific paint itself and severity of the defects. That said, not a bad product to have on tap.

IMHO the best stuff by hand is stuff availible online. 1z (Einszett) and Poorboys come to mind.

dailo
09-08-2004, 06:57 PM
thnx will have to give it a try, if scratch x doesn`t work.