PDA

View Full Version : New guy. Question. Clear bra

OneManArmy
09-08-2004, 05:43 PM
my very first post. I`ve come here many times. read reviews. how toos. etc. Finally decided to get set up and start participating some.

So...me....my car.

I have a 2004 Subaru WRX wagon. White.

my issues.

1.Subaru paint is horrible and thin. Came of the lot with swirls in the paint.

2. I have a clear bra.

I say this because I have been using zymol wax and I like it. but it leaves a blue residue. As I found out last night...my clearbra...and blue residue on a white car is no good. Took me longer to try and clean all the edges off than it did to wash and wax the car.

so here is what I plan to use....any advice on products and methods would be awesome...I have to buy some things.

1. Wash. Maguires gold class (have it)

2. clay bar (have some but thinking of getting the sonus stuff)

3. rinse car.

4. Wax with Klasse All-in-one (need to buy)

5. detail car.....dress all the tires and black plastics with zaino Z16 (need to buy) glass and what not.

6. next day. quick detail the car...not sure with what yet. suggestions?

7. wax with P21s (need to buy)

8. topper on areas like hood, wing, roof with s100 quick spray (have)

I plan on picking up a few things.

Zaino z16

microfiber wax applicators

klasse all in one

p21s

sonus ultimate drying towel

some microfiber detailing towels

I have various waxes, cleaners, etc. But I`d really like to try some new wax and what not.

My problems are the bad paint and the fact that carnubas and colored waxes build up around the clear bra and it`s a pain to go in with my finger and a tshirt and wipe it out...or qtips....takes for stinking ever.

Also...I used this stuff called Top Cote or something like that at a friends shop....stuff is awesome...he said you ahve to be a professional detailer to get it. it`s for interior pieces. plastic. Anyone know where I can get this?

Thanks for the help people.

Sveta
09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Clear bra edges. Get some Blue painters tape and tape off the edges. Wal-mart, HD, etc...

The bra scratches easy so be gentle. I use VM to clean/polish/protect but also top this with S-100 or #16. I have a white car. Watch out for that "yellow bug stain" that some bugs can leave on unprotected film. I often use QD+ before a road trip, after every Quick detail and/or wash.

gnahc79
09-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Autopia! :bounce

my opinions:

- wash and clay at the same time

- Use S100 instead of P21S, cheaper and essentially the same thing IMO.

-Klasse AIO is not a wax, it`s a polish :). I would recommend following up the AIO with Klasse Sealant Glaze. After letting the SG cure for at least a day you can top it with S100 if you like, not required though.

- QD, any that are mentioned on Autopia are fine. I`m partial to Mother`s Showtime.

You should be set if you`re read the howto`s and previous posts on how to apply Klasse, how to clay, etc. Oh, since your car is white don`t expect to get too much depth. Good luck!

square
09-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I think you will find most everything will collect on the edge of a clear bra. If it is a white product, you may not see it as much on a white car, but it will still be there.

What I do during application and removal of products on the edges of a clear bra is to go "with" the edge, not across the edge. Your applicator or micro fiber towel moves with the egde, not across it. Hope that makes sense.

My clear bra is on a dark vehicle, so every product leaves a white line at the edge, if I do not remove it carrefully.

Lou