PDA

View Full Version : Best method for Ridding smoke odors

AutoNova
09-07-2004, 10:16 PM
What is the best method you all hae found for eliminating odors if you don`t have an ozone machine?

Bill D
09-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Theres a product for cigarette smoke on TOL:

http://topoftheline.com/cigarette-smoke-remover.html

imported_perry
09-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Recent thread - http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37157

Demon Detailer
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
There are several ways to get rid of odors. The best way depends on what kind of odor it is.

For Cigarette Smoke odor: Clean the carpets and the headliner with a good quality interior shampoo. Then use something like BREEZE from Mark V. It is an industrial version of Febreeze. You spray the Breeze in the vehicle then turn on the A/C on the recirculation setting. Let it run for 10 minutes. then turn off the vehicle and close the doors/windows. Let vehicle sit for about 2 hours and the cigarette odor will be gone.

I`ve used this method for cigarette smoke and for skunk odors. I know alot of the enterprise rent - a car agencies do the same thing in this area.

For BARF / milk spills / fish guts that have leaked out of the cooler.

You need to use a bacteria type cleaner. I use Bio-Zyme from Mark V. It is an interior cleaner that has bacteria in it You clean the stain using this product. Then cover it with a damp towel. The bacteria come to life and eat the residue in the carpet. After about 24 hours the stain and the smell will be gone.

The reason for the damp towel is that the bacteria need three things to come to life. 1 - food - which is the stain / odor causer. 2 - moisture - which is the reason for the damp towel. 3 - warmth. - anything about 60 degrees is fine.

Good Luck

AutoNova
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Does anyone use Odor Ban? I add this to my shampoo as well as spay it on filters and vents, it is an antibacterial liquid which seems to work wonders when used all over.

You can get a gallon at Sam`s for $9.99.

HeavyChevyBoy
09-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi Demon Detailer,

You have any link or site for Mark V? I`d like to check out their products.

Thanks,

Ricky

Demon Detailer
09-08-2004, 04:19 PM
they are in So. California. Their web site is www.mark-v.com