PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s concours collection

triplethreat
09-07-2004, 07:21 PM
I`m thinking about buying it and it come with the Meg`s medallion paint protectant,cleaner and leather. anybody use the medallion before? i`ve never seen it but in the catalog its twice as much as the other stuff.

EBPcivicsi
09-07-2004, 07:56 PM
I have used the entire line and really like each product. The Paint protectant is IMO a great looking rather durable product. It will stain trim iand s definitley a "cleaner wax" IMO.

The paint cleaner is really nice. Leaves the paint squeeky clean and ready for your LSP. It does seem to be more suited for removal of oxidation and blemishes rather than swirls, more of a chemical cleaner. I know that is formulated with a diminishing abrasive and I have removed minor marring with it, but it is rather mild.

The leather cleaner/conditioner is just about all that I have used on my 94 accord. The leather looks great, no cracks nor fading.

jfelbab
09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
The Conours Collection contains;

M-0716 Show Car Glaze

M-2805 All Metal Polish

C-2000 Detailing Clay

M-3416 Final Inspection

M-3616 Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner

M-3916 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

M-4016 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

M-9616 Medallion Premium Leather Care

M-9716 Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

M-9816 Medallion Premium Paint Protection

G-7416 Gold Class Endurance

G-405 Lambs Wool Wash Mitt

G-301 Reusable Detailing Swab Kit

G-302 Self Saturating Swabs

G-300 Detailing Brushes

(2) A-7202 Hi-pile 100% Cotton Towels

(2) M-9910 Ultimate Wipe

These are all very usable items. The Medallion line is top notch. The protectant (MPPP) is very durable and has a nice shine. The paint cleaner (MPPC) is very good. The leather care is good too for a one step.

#39 and #40 are a great pair of vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner.

I assume you are going for the Concours collection sans the PC.

JustinR32
09-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Nothing wrong with that group of products at all.

Tom

triplethreat
09-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by jfelbab

The Conours Collection contains;

M-0716 Show Car Glaze

M-2805 All Metal Polish

C-2000 Detailing Clay

M-3416 Final Inspection

M-3616 Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner

M-3916 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

M-4016 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

M-9616 Medallion Premium Leather Care

M-9716 Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

M-9816 Medallion Premium Paint Protection

G-7416 Gold Class Endurance

G-405 Lambs Wool Wash Mitt

G-301 Reusable Detailing Swab Kit

G-302 Self Saturating Swabs

G-300 Detailing Brushes

(2) A-7202 Hi-pile 100% Cotton Towels

(2) M-9910 Ultimate Wipe

These are all very usable items. The Medallion line is top notch. The protectant (MPPP) is very durable and has a nice shine. The paint cleaner (MPPC) is very good. The leather care is good too for a one step.

#39 and #40 are a great pair of vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner.

I assume you are going for the Concours collection sans the PC.

I know everyone is going to yell but i was actully thinking about the cordless buffer anyone use it before.

jfelbab
09-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by triplethreat

I know everyone is going to yell but i was actully thinking about the cordless buffer anyone use it before.

No experience with the Meguiar`s Cordless. I seem to think it is a WEN repackaged for Meguiar`s. I had a WEN and it was ok for those jobs where I had no power. It would run about 45 minutes on a charge. It lasted about two years. Again, I really don`t know about the Meguiar`s cordless but for another $70 over the Concours products w/cordless ($219) you can get the Concours product only ($140) and a Meguiar`s Porter Cable during their September special member offer ($150). A good deal if you don`t already have a PC. You probably already know this, so just ignore this if you do.

Beercan31
09-07-2004, 10:06 PM
From what I have read in the past is that the cordless polisher is really only good for light duty work, Like a quick wax before a car show or a touch up, But not for a full detailing the battery will not hold up that long

Scottwax
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

Nothing wrong with that group of products at all.

And a lot that is very good! I`ve never understood why Meguiars doesn`t make MPPP more available. :nixweiss

I agree with the others, register at www.meguiarsonline.com and pop for the PC, price is similar to what you`d pay elsewhere with the same accessories and you get a lifetime warranty.

lflorack
09-08-2004, 08:31 AM

I have one and have used a few times in the past. It`s good for spot jobs. Speed is not as fast as a full PC but it`s very handy for certain applications.

triplethreat
09-08-2004, 09:59 AM
can all the products in the collection be used by hand

jfelbab
09-08-2004, 12:00 PM

can all the products in the collection be used by hand

Yes, every product in the Concours collection can be applied by hand.