PDA

View Full Version : VM/EX-P appropriate for winter?

denali-d
09-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a few months and have learned alot, but this is my first post.

I am getting ready to do my first detail on my 4 month old black Denali after having it done professionally when I first got it.

I pretty much had my products lined up, but with winter coming, I`m not sure if they`re the best choice for durability.

I was planning on prep/VM/EX-P/carnuba (souveran?) I am confidant this will give me the look I`m after, but will it hold up through the winter? And would I be better off with a different carnuba until the spring (#16 maybe?) Any thoughts on number of coats?

Thanks in advance, D

ernman
09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
I just did my sister in laws car with ssr2, vm, and collinite insulator wax. I wasn`t that hard to use and it is suppose to last. We will see this winter.

imported_Blake
09-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I plan on Ex-P followed by #16 and expect that to be very good for the upcoming Canadian winter.

I have been using EX-P on the roof of my daily driver as a test and it is still beading water vigorously after 5 months. The vehicle is outside 24/7. I think EX-P is extremely durable and in the past #16 has been extremely long lasting for a carnauba. I think the combination will be extremely strong for whatever crap the winter throws at us.

Aside from that the two products look great.

04BlackAV
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
My Avalanche will get Z2 x 6 by this fall.

My wife`s Highlander will get EX-P x 3 by fall then #16.

Our Jetta`s just going to have #16 on it through the winter.

It will be interesting to see which one holds up the best.:D

Wasatch
09-07-2004, 02:07 PM
The EX-P will hopefully be there for about 4 months, Souvran about a few weeks at best. Maybe put on 2 layers of EX-P and the Souvran.