PDA

View Full Version : New Craftsman compact wet/dry vacs 5.0 HP

Pages : [1] 2

Luv-N-It
10-25-2004, 01:25 PM
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00917925000&cs=e5&bidsite=CRAFT

Click above or copy paste link if need be. Click around on the site. There is a 4 gallon and a wall mount system too.

Bob
10-25-2004, 03:29 PM
I never have any luck with Craftsmen stuff. Have you ever used one of their shop vacs?

Beemerboy
10-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I have 2.5 HP shop vac and its never given me any troubles. I`ve had it for the last 5 years

rollman
10-25-2004, 05:22 PM
I have the 4 gallon wall mount and love it . I know there`s a few others on the board that have the same vac and they`re happy with it . That new 5 gallon job cost $20 more bucks. Whether its worth it or not I don`t know .

Woob
10-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Very interesting. They also have a 4 gal 5 hp. However the Rigid looks like a sweet setup. Anyone have any experience? It seems as that both are good products.

Big P
10-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Woob, I just bought the Rigid wall mount pro system about 2 weeks ago..i love it... I got it at Home Depot on sale from $89.99 to $ 79.99.... I couldn`t pass it up... just my opinion.

edschwab1
10-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Probably would have been worth a look if I did not purchase one in the spring. The specs look good on the two new vacs.

Eric

Luv-N-It
10-26-2004, 06:58 AM
I never have any luck with Craftsmen stuff. Have you ever used one of their shop vacs?

Yes I have great "luck" with my 12 gal. 5 H.P. Never a problem and have had it for 7 years. I keep the filter cleaned so that it flows & sucks better. More so, I like the one I have because I use it as a blower when I`m in a hurry when detailing. I "blow" around the trim, bumpers, etc. to help drive out any hidden water before I start w/the pc.

Plus, any problems, return it for a new one, for a few extra bucks of added insurance. However, I "think typically", there is a one year no hassle return on any Craftsman power tool product.

I`ll have one of these soon, especially with my Craftsman Club membership you always get extra savings, mailers, and coupons. :)

mgm2003
10-26-2004, 07:34 AM
I have the 5HP, 4 gallon wall mount, and it does a nice job. Wall mounts are nice. No messing with extension coards, they have nice long vac hoses, and you don`t have to caddy the vac around the car. I`d much rather have the wall mountable metro air force blaster & vac, but that would require convincing the wife that a $300 vac/blower is something we can`t live without :).

But I`m still planning to ask Santa for it this year!

Luv-N-It
10-26-2004, 07:57 AM
I have the 5HP, 4 gallon wall mount, and it does a nice job. Wall mounts are nice. but that would require convincing the wife that a $300 vac/blower is something we can`t live without :).

But I`m still planning to ask Santa for it this year!

1. What is your impression of the 4 gallon bucket?
2. Move back and we can split the cost for your new vac :)
3. We can watch/listen to the bucks while detailing together :drunk
4. Santa is watching who has been naughty and nice.... :angel

mgm2003
10-26-2004, 09:32 AM
The 4 gallon model does a nice job, both wet and dry. 5HP is plenty of power. Sears has additional attachments, some specifically for autos. I mounted mine between my garage doors, and it fits perfectly. I can unmount it in a few seconds and pack it in the trunk for off site details. I think I paid $79 for it on sale.

Watching the Bucks and sharing a few details sounds good to me!

Trust me, I`ve been good this year! I`m counting on Santa to bring me a metro!

Luv-N-It
10-26-2004, 09:40 AM
:) :) :)

TDMAN
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Very interesting. They also have a 4 gal 5 hp. However the Rigid looks like a sweet setup. Anyone have any experience? It seems as that both are good products.
Yeah, I got one and it flat out WHOOPS! I love it. But really, as long as it is suckin the way you need it too, who cares what brand you are using.

Luv-N-It
10-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I got one and it flat out WHOOPS! I love it. But really, as long as it is suckin the way you need it too, who cares what brand you are using.

AGREED!

Woob
10-27-2004, 07:17 PM
:) Wow great feedback. Guess I can put this on my list of things to get. Now what mods did you do to em? Heard that the regular vac is good with more small hose extension and accessories.