PDA

View Full Version : What`s the most underrated product in your arsenal?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

4runnerGuy
09-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Even with all these elite car care products available online, what product still has you running to wal-mart to buy? I`m sure most of you will buy the best product, regardless of price, but I bet there is a product that still outperforms the expensive small batch stuff at a fraction of the price. For me it`s STP Son of a Gun protectant. I use it for interior dressing, trim, and as tire dressing. It`s nearly as cheap as bottled water at 1.69 a pint, and available everywhere. It leaves my interior protected with a nice matte finish, and leaves my tires looking great for weeks (really!). I need to take some pics of my tires after a couple of weeks because it is really amazing how STP lasts. What`s yours?

a.k.a. Patrick
09-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Castrol Super Clean APC....I still have the original gl bottle i bought nearly 2 yrs ago.......Probably have about 18 oz left. Its super dilutable, and i have yet to come across a stain I couldnt get out with it....

BoxsterCharlie
09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
3M Scratch Remover. It comes in a small bottle, and it is so consumer that I don`t even have a part# for it. For all I know it actually one of their breakdown abrasives just repackaged.

But that stuff applied with my finger have taken out many scratches I couldn`t get off any other way.

stilez
09-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Over the counter products...

-Meguiar`s NXT Wash

-Armor All Original Shine

-Woolite (for Water:Woolite 6:1 mixture)

-Oxy Clean for carpets/mats/upholstery

-Chenille Wash Pads

All I can think of now...

Bill D
09-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Castrol Super Clean APC....I still have the original gl bottle i bought nearly 2 yrs ago.......Probably have about 18 oz left. Its super dilutable, and i have yet to come across a stain I couldnt get out with it....

I like that stuff too! :up

MattZ28
09-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

-Chenille Wash Pads

Where do you get them from? Do you wash your car with them, or do you use Sheepskin mitts? Also, do you notice any marring from them? I had 1 chenille mitt that I always used but it started to get crappy so I threw it out and bought a sheepskin mitt and haven`t looked back. I`d be willing to try a pad though.

truvette
09-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Definately my bottle of Black Magic Dashboard Protectant. It`s cheap, available locally and smells like oranges! The matte sheen lasts for weeks without any fuss.

EdLancer
09-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Fantastik to degrease anything under the hood, cheaper than Simple Green and Spray Nine and does a better job.

joburnet
09-06-2004, 11:24 PM

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/ch12721.html

Is that the stuff your talking about?

SergC
09-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JM19

Definately my bottle of Black Magic Dashboard Protectant. It`s cheap, available locally and smells like oranges! The matte sheen lasts for weeks without any fuss.

For me too...Thanks to YoSteve:up

Thomas Dekany
09-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

Where do you get them from? Do you wash your car with them, or do you use Sheepskin mitts? Also, do you notice any marring from them? I had 1 chenille mitt that I always used but it started to get crappy so I threw it out and bought a sheepskin mitt and haven`t looked back. I`d be willing to try a pad though.

I got mine from wal mart and I`ll guess he uses them for QEW just like Scottwax ( I use them too )

imported_perry
09-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I`ve bought Turtle Wax brand pads recently.. One from Advance Auto Parts, one from AutoZone. I wash with em.. normal washing and QEW.

Scottwax
09-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Armor All

Chenille pads

Gold Class or NTX wash (for my Wednesday customers who have the water deionizer at their office and want me to wash their cars conventionally)

a.k.a. Patrick
09-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by joburnet

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/ch12721.html

Is that the stuff your talking about? look here.... (http://store1.yimg.com/I/superkleendirect_1805_1573076)

imported_rachelanne16
09-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I agree with the Eagle One Wet Wipe N` Shine - very underrated QD. EO Wet Car Wash is underrated, as well.