PDA

View Full Version : Bird crap

tomdlgns
09-05-2004, 11:31 PM
bird crap got on my car and i tried to wash it off, but it left a mark in my paint. how can i get this crap out?

Thanks

Tom

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by tomdlgns

bird crap got on my car and i tried to wash it off, but it left a mark in my paint. how can i get this crap out?

Thanks

Tom

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. Answer it and the world will beat a path to your door.

tomdlgns
09-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. Answer it and the world will beat a path to your door.

i dont get it, i have washed many cars before that had bird crap baked on the car for more than a week at a time. i was it, it comes right off....not this car....first time ive ever had trouble with bird crap ever.

Tom

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2004, 02:11 PM

i dont get it, i have washed many cars before that had bird crap baked on the car for more than a week at a time. i was it, it comes right off....not this car....first time ive ever had trouble with bird crap ever.

Tom

Well, tell us your secret, because I think you are the only Autopian who can get bird crap on his car and not have it make a mark.

tomdlgns
09-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

Well, tell us your secret, because I think you are the only Autopian who can get bird crap on his car and not have it make a mark.

there is no secret. what i meant was that i never ran into this problem before with any of the other cars i have washed.

on my maxima, i know for a fact there has been bird crap sitting on the spoiler for more than 1 week straight. and it came right off when i used water and soap. i didnt even think that bird crap was a problem for paint jobs until it recently happened to me with my IS300.

and since i have washed other cars and noticed that bird crap wasnt a problem. i just came to one conclusion. all bird crap is not the same, which is kinda obvious i guess. thats all i can come up with.

it just sux for us car enthusiasts that a damn bird can ruin our paint jobs. awesome!

Tom

Bill D
09-06-2004, 07:07 PM
I really hope your luck doesn`t run out. If it were me , I`d drop everything and properly treat ,clean and remove bird crap ASAP

tomdlgns
09-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I really hope your luck doesn`t run out. If it were me , I`d drop everything and properly treat ,clean and remove bird crap ASAP

nah, from now on i will clean it right when i see it.....i was just trying to make a point that i never thought bird crap was this big of a deal for paint. thats all...im not saying that everyone is wrong and i dont have this problem. i hope i didnt make it sound like that.

im gonna try gas.

Tom

Bill D
09-06-2004, 07:31 PM

im gonna try gas.

:confused: :shocked :scared

Setec Astronomy
09-06-2004, 07:41 PM

im gonna try gas.

Hold on there, fella! If the bird stuff has etched into the clearcoat, gas nor anything else won`t help. The best you can do is to make sure the acid is neutralized (some disagreement on here about how far you need to go to accomplish that). If it`s really not very deep, you may be able to polish it out, or at least fill it with something like Meguiar`s #7 or #81 or a similar product, to make it less noticeable.