PDA

View Full Version : Just put 4 hours into my Accord (sorry, no pics yet)

Scottwax
09-05-2004, 08:37 PM
The customer whose kid was supposed to buy my car can`t come up with the money, so I am fixin` to put it in Auto Trader. Figured I should clean it up a bit.

I probably haven`t really cleaned the interior in a couple of years. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/eek3dance.gif As you can imagine, it really needed some deep cleaning. Woolite/water to clean, some spots were pretty bad where one of my kids apparently spilled something into the back seat over the summer. Meguiars Hyper Dressing cut 2:1 on the vinyl.

The paint looked pretty good, especially since I last waxed it with Stuf Carnauba about 2 1/2 months ago and the car has sat in the sun ever since. Washed once, the rest of the time, I let the rain wash it. Still, after a QEW wash, it still had a great shine but the paint had just a bit of slickness rubbing a towel across it, none with bare skin. I went over the whole car with #80 Speed Glaze and a polishing pad and it looked noticably better. Definitely more gloss and a wetter look. Finished it off with NXT using a polishing pad, let it sit about 30 minutes while I cleaned the interior windows and dressed the vinyl.

Tires and fenderwells got Hyper Dressing cut 2:1.

No pics, it was nearly dark when I finished. I`ll take some in the morning and post them when I finish the roll in my camera.

Anyway, it felt good to finally go hog wild on that car. I`d really neglected the interior because I just never have the time, plus most of the year, it was just me so it doesn`t get bad. This year with my kids though, it was looking ragged. Now it is nice and clean inside and out. Hopefully it won`t take long to sell now.

:)

Thomas Dekany
09-05-2004, 08:52 PM
can`t wait to see pictures.

Scottwax
09-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by tdekany

can`t wait to see pictures.

Couldn`t take any this morning. The forecast of isolated thunderstorms meant isolated over my car. :( Nice water beads though.

The rain finally stopped, so maybe I can take pics this afternoon.

stilez
09-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Are ya sad to see it go? I know you`ve been with this car for a while.

I`m sure it`s the cleanest damn Accord of that age/mileage---hands down!

Looking forward to pics. How do you like Hyper Dressing on the interior? compared to AA? Thinking about picking some up...It`s about the same price as AA (in the cut you have it in) and hopefully it will last longer.

Scottwax
09-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Are ya sad to see it go? I know you`ve been with this car for a while.

I`m sure it`s the cleanest damn Accord of that age/mileage---hands down!

Looking forward to pics. How do you like Hyper Dressing on the interior? compared to AA? Thinking about picking some up...It`s about the same price as AA (in the cut you have it in) and hopefully it will last longer.

Yeah, I will be sad when my Accord changes hands. Honestly, if I could find a real low mileage 1993 EX 5 speed coupe, I probably would snap it up. Do an H23 (non VTEC DOHC) or H22 (VTEC DOHC) swap for a nice sleeper. It is hard to find an 11 year old car with less than 100,000 on it in the Dallas area because everything is so spread out. I did detail a 1993 EX sedan (automatic) in late 1999 that had only 9280 actual miles but the owner wasn`t interested in selling it.

Considering the mileage, the car is in excellent shape, except for some light front end and hail damage,plus the clear coat on the roof is beginning to fail. Best to seel it before the roof looks horrible, right?

--------------------------

Hyper Dressing looks pretty good on the vinyl at 2:1. Seems to be reasonably durable too.

Scottwax
09-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I put up an information sheet with a recent picture by the mailboxes at my complex yesterday. I got home this evening, some guy was waiting on me to get back. Took the car for a test drive and bought it on the spot for cash.

1990 Accord with 280,293 miles on it, minor front end and hail damage and the clearcoat on the roof is beginning to fail. Asked for $1400, got $1200.

Gonna miss it though, I had the car for 8 years.

I did get some pics this morning though. Post them when I finish the roll. I also took it out one last time to put some fresh gas in the car since I already had two calls. Probably been two months since I put gas in it.

boywonder
09-07-2004, 07:21 AM
What do you plan to get in its place?

Scottwax
09-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PrinzII

What do you plan to get in its place?

A black 1999 Mazda 626 EX-V6. I got such a good deal from my Dad on the car, I couldn`t refuse it. I wish there were more aftermarket parts for it but for a small V6, it runs pretty good. It helps the car weighs less than 3000 pounds.

Xlll
11-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Being my 1st venture into the official detailing world I`m sure I`ll make ample mistakes and I`ll be sure to advise as soon as I come across them. 1st and only problem so far is learning that I`m not the 1st person to attempt detailing my 93` Honda Accord Ex 4dr... Learning you`re not the 1st to visit from skinned threading on my driver`s seat bolts. >.< Oh and I can`t for get the best part, the person that chiseled off the white stripe from my hood to the trunk w/ a friggin jackhammer. I`m sure he thought painting over the rubber trim was a good idea too.

So far my drug of choice is "Simple Green" w/ a 1:1 solution, that can clean vinyl and rubber like no ones business. May take a few go arounds to get the original interior color back. So far 1 mo. into it and I`m not done w/ the interior.

Since this is a learning process for me and more of a Restoration than Detailing, I`ll post my postivie and of course negative reactions.

OCD /salute

imported_truzoom
11-17-2005, 03:31 PM
WOW this is an OLD thread brought back from the dead!

Scottwax
11-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, I guess I better post the pics then, eh? Funny thing, I saw my old Accord not more than 2-3 weeks ago. Still looked pretty good. :)

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/187my_Accord_front2.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/187my_Accord_rear.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/187my_Accord_interior.jpg

4830Deuce
11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
w.t.f! took me awhile to figure this all out...geez...this guy again :getdown

-Justin