PDA

View Full Version : A new guy`s sob story.

Fatty
09-05-2004, 03:58 AM
:wavey I just want to start off by saying hello to everyone…

I recently brought my new truck into a local detail shop. I was a bit apprehensive; after all I would sooner die then see anything happen to my baby …not to mention I don’t really have the money to burn. The shop used a rotary, as I would imagine most do. Well, needless to say, when I washed it a week later I noticed that the so-called "professionals" had done severe damage to the paint on my hood.

Florescent lights reveal all!

So now I am faced with the task of trying to fix their foul up. I have been drudging through this site, and realize that I am ill equipped to tackle this problem with what I have at my disposal (that’s not much). I should have saved the money that I gave to those hacks and bought a PC. Anyways, I will post some pics as soon as I get some batteries for my camera. Definitely a lesson learned the hard way!

…Fool me once…

TDIGuy04
09-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Welcome!

I`d bring it back and demand a refund or that it be repaired by someone w/ proper knowledge. I know you don`t want them touching your van again but I`d at least demand compensation to get the truck fixed, and if they don`t comply then report them to the BBB.

Fatty
09-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I have thought of bringing it back, but they would probably deny ever doing it. In the age of liability no one wants to take responsibility for their mistakes. I would imagine they would say something like: "Why didn`t you point that out when you picked it up", or just blame it on me.

jfelbab
09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Bring it back and show it to the shop owner. He may not know what one of his people has done an may well do to others. At least give him a chance to make it right. If he denies responsibility file a complaint in writing with the BBB so you may save some others from the same fate.

Fatty
09-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks for your opinions.