PDA

View Full Version : FK1 Pink Wax

TriPinTaZ
09-05-2004, 12:00 AM
I have the new Pink Wax from FinishKareUsa.com which was recomended for use after the FK1 sealant. But I have just recently purchased Vanilla Moose, EX-P and Natty`s.

The biggest thing I noticed was that all the FK1 products have a chemical smell to them. The sealant smells kind of like paint thinner and the pink wax smells a little like gasonline. Why do they smell like this ??? would this mean there are cleaners or solvents in the products that would remove anything off the paint when applied?? IF so why would they recomend using the FK1 sealant then Pink wax on top of it ?

The VM, EX-P and Natty`s smell nothing like harsh chemicals. And I have seen great results from this combo. I guess I will test both combinations and let you guys know how they turn out and ill take plenty of pictures.

But any info on why the FK1 products have such a harsh chemical odor would be appreciated

Wasatch
09-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Not familar with the FK1 products, but what you say sounds right. Hope someone with more experience chimes in.

Corey Bit Spank
09-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Eliminates the use of Clay and caustic methods to clean paint finishes. Kit Only Includes Steps 1-2-3 No Accessory Items or Paint Sealant Are Included

Out of all my products, I never thought that my clay was caustic--or that clay barring was a "caustic method." :nixweiss

I`m interested in their HY temp paste :)

ALAN81
09-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Nerver heard of FK1 pink wax is there a website?

imported_Bence
09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah. www.fk1usa.com

Alan, try to correct your sp. (website)

Their paint decontamination kit is also well worth a look. You have to try to spit shine that pink wax!!! :shocked

TriPinTaZ
09-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I used the professional 4 step decontaimintaion system on my car. Works GREAT, no complaints at all.

*Just wanted to know why his sealants and waxes smell so harsh. I was thinking about topping the EX-P with the pink wax but now I am afraid that this stuff will remove anything under it. Does anyone know what the deal is with harsh smelling products?

P.S. Claying the car doesnt COMPAIR to the decontaimination kit by far.

Bill D
09-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Perhaps the ingredients in those products are not covered by fragrances we find in many other products? :nixweiss I find the 1z line to smell like chemicals too but I gather by how you describe, this stuff smells a lot harsher.

MattZ28
09-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Bence

You have to try to spit shine that pink wax!!! :shocked

That`s what I said.