PDA

View Full Version : scuff makrs and scratches

tomdlgns
09-04-2004, 09:23 PM
i have a brand new 2004 black Lexus IS300. what product can i use to take out some scratches and the scuff mark?

i had this hand glaze by 3m that someone told me would work, but it doesnt

TIA

Tom

acl99
09-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Give us your application method and youll get better suggestions, machine, hand etc. :xyxthumbs Welcome to autopia!

tomdlgns
09-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Acuracl98

Give us your application method and youll get better suggestions, machine, hand etc. :xyxthumbs Welcome to autopia!

i do everything by hand.

first i washed my car, then i used the 3M hand glaze (it didnt say i had to leave it on the car for a certain amount of time and i only put it on the areas that had light scratches and where i had the scuff mark), then i used meguiers carnubea paste wax and applied it.

at first i thought it took the scuff mark and scratches off, but the next day when i got it in some sunlight, i noticed it didnt to jack.

thanks guys

Tom

NavindraLR
09-05-2004, 11:26 AM
i would think that glaze, is too light of a polish to take out scratches/scuffs... id recomend something from meguiars for that... maybe Scratch X...

Option 13
09-05-2004, 02:06 PM
3M hand glaze is more for filling light sctratches and spiderwebbing.

If the scratches aren`t too deep then you might want to try ScratchX.

I would also suggest clicking on the " learn! " button at the top of the page and also downloading the free detailing guide.

Hope this helps,