PDA

View Full Version : PC pads and your opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

1 Clean WS6
09-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey guys!!

It`s getting to that time where I`ll need to restock my supply of PC pads. Up to this point I have been using exclusively the Meg`s pads (7006 cutting pad, 8006 polishing pad and 9006 finishing pad) and I thought I`d try something different this time. I rarely use the 7006 cutting pad...just for heavily oxidized paints. I predominantly use the 8006 polishing pad for my work while using the 9006 finishing pad for applying glazes or sealants on new (or newer) paint finishes.

My question to everyone is what types of pads do you use? If you have used the Meg`s pads how do they compare to them? What products do you use them with? Where do you buy them from?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mike :cool:

Scottwax
09-04-2004, 01:45 PM
I am not sure what brand the pad are that come with the Autopia PC package (the grey finishing, white polishing and orange cutting pads) but they did do a decent job. I don`t think the orange pad it quite as aggressive as Meguiars burgandy pad but in some instances, that can be a good thing.

I`ve stuck with Meguiars pads now that the adhesive/velcro problems seem to have been addressed and fixed; and because I can buy them at my local Meguiars distributer.

ZaneO
09-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I use both the Sonus and Lake Country pads. They work great for me, and any problems with either have been fixed through revisions.

I haven`t used the Meguiar`s, so I can`t compare directly.

1 Clean WS6
09-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey Scott!!

Thanks for the heads up!!

I tried to respond to your PM but the ole box was full. I sent an email to you...hope you got it.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Mike

Bill D
09-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Haven`t used Sonus but for me it`s LC all the way :up

NavindraLR
09-04-2004, 02:53 PM
have yet to try the meguiars pads, but i have used the lake country and sonus pads, and i really like the new (v2) sonus pads.... the lc pads tend to seperate along the edges of the velcro on the back (maybe its just me)

dcswd
09-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I tried some curved LC pads and I didnt like them too much. I`m now using Meguiars pads and they work great for me.

Accumulator
09-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I`m not to thrilled with the multi-contoured Lake/CMA pads either, maybe because I`m not used to them. If I were buying PC-size pads, I`d look into the Sonus ones. Griot`s finishing pad (red) is nice, and they last forever. Perhaps not as soft as some, but it`s never caused a problem for me.

Bill D
09-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Lake Country does make regular flat ones too, just no vendors seem to sell them

04BlackAV
09-04-2004, 06:41 PM
I have the LC, Meguiars and Sonus pads,the one I`ve been reaching for lately is the Sonus.The size is a little bigger and I like the velcro extending out beyond the backing plate.I`m not a big fan of the VC pads that LC makes.

mtodde
09-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Lake Country does make regular flat ones too, just no vendors seem to sell them

Actually I`ve bought them several times from Top of the Line recently.

After trying my Sonus pads for the first time yesterday, I think I`ll be buying more!

bufferman71
09-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey Guys,

We make a huge variety of pads offered. It depends on the style and agression scale youre looking for. If anyone needs to locate any of our pads, just email me at eric@lakecountrymfg.com. Ill do my best to keep everyone getting what they need. Thanks Guys.

Bill D
09-04-2004, 09:56 PM
We`re going to need some Cyclo size Sonus pads next

JaCkaL829
09-04-2004, 10:31 PM
I actually like the VC LC pads. They are the only pads i`ve ever used with the PC though. I`m curious to try the Edge pads(not Edge 2000) just the normal ones for the DA. I like that they have a lot of different grades and supposily there suppose to put more product on the paint and less absorbed. Unfortunately my local detailing place(Pals) only had the Edge rotary pads. I do believe PAC carries them though for reasonable prices.

Scottwax
09-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Mike-I got your e-mail. I certainly understand what you are talking about!

Anyway, I`d be interested in any feedback on other pads you may try.