PDA

View Full Version : Tropi-Care Car Shampoo

Wasatch
09-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Got a sample (Red Stuff) a few weeks back and decided to use it today. First off I really like the smell, it suds up very nice and cleans well. Has alot of lubricity, and truck felt very slick when drying with WW. I like this product alot, I will replace my Gold Glass with this stuff when I can. I would suggest this product to anyone.

LouisanaJeeper
09-04-2004, 12:26 PM
I was wondering what concentration you used to wash? 1oz/gal? .5oz/gal?

Bill D
09-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Sounds sorta like Eagle One Wet or Duragloss. You can get samples by contacting Tropi-Care?

LouisanaJeeper
09-04-2004, 12:32 PM
it is definately NOT eagle 1 wash (ive never used duragloss), it is something new

Wasatch
09-04-2004, 01:36 PM
I do not know how much Steve gave me, but I used about 2 gallons of water. I never used Eagle One or Duragloss, but I have some Gold Class. I like the Tropi-Care better.

ZaneO
09-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Sounds like another nice product. Can you compare it to Z7?

Wasatch
09-04-2004, 03:54 PM
I cannot compare it to Z7, since I`ve never used any Zaino products, sorry.

LouisanaJeeper
09-04-2004, 04:11 PM
I like Z7 better but the TC is up there with Z7 in terms of cleaning and lubricity. Z7 looks a little glossier after a wash IMHO

Bill D
09-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Would be great if both those washes were readily available in gallon sizes

Wasatch
09-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Bill D,

Maybe give Steve a call over at Tropi-Care, he might be able to do something like that for you. He`s a real nice guy.

JayC
09-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Would be great if both those washes were readily available in gallon sizes

Steve will sell you that stuff in a 55 gallon drum if you want it :)

His chemist is localish to him so he can pick the stuff up and get it in about any container you want. I bought a gallon of tire dressing before I moved out of Dallas and it only took him a couple of days to get it for me.

I`ve also used the new car wash (Although my sample was green, the color was changed for production) and I liked it a lot. I don`t think it cleans quite as good as the old wash but it`s a lot more gentle and still does a good job.

The old wash, being that it wasn`t a very neutral pH wash didn`t leave much behind in the way of slickness. It cleaned like mad but the surface would squeak when you were done.

The new stuff does leave the surface rather slick. Just got to be sure to check it a while after you wash the vehicle because the wash sucks all the oil out of your pores and makes you think initially it`s not very slick.