PDA

View Full Version : Never going back to wax!!!!

Craigmri
09-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Although not the most popular choice among Autopians, Last week I applied three layers of Liquid glass to our new Kia Sedona. Before I started applying the LG I clayed the surface with Clay Magic. It wasnt until the second layer that the LG started to gleam. It came out slicker than anything I`ve ever felt.

A week later I washed the car due to the typical Florida bug guts in addition to some rain the wife drove in as well as two days of Dealership dust since they had the car for repairs. When washing the car I couldnt believe how smooth the smonge would slide over the finish. I never felt anything like it and I`ve been detailing my personal cars for 20 years.

Never going back to wax....I love this sealer!

Craig

`04 Sedona EX:bow

andriver
09-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Post pics Craig. Different products work well with different cars.

Bill D
09-04-2004, 10:14 AM
I have no doubt LG is a high quality product, it`s fantastic that it`s available off the shelf. I used to use it for a while prior to giving in and starting to use the "boutique" stuff. I`d recommend LG as the top synthetic OTC LSP :up

Craigmri
09-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Lemme try an attachment.

Craig

Craigmri
09-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Hope this doesnt piss off anyone on dial up.

Craig

imported_Aurora40
09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
What were the wax products you were using before Liquid Glass? LG is one of those products I always mean to try but never do.

Craigmri
09-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Aurora,

I`ve tried the following waxes. None of them are considered to be top quality but still typical for DIY detailers.

Meguires cleaner/wax....This is the one I used the most

Mothers carnuba....Came with a clay bar kit I bought from them

Gold class

Prestone synthetic wax

Armor all wax

Astro shield

Dri-wash n guard

Protect-all aerosol

Fast Wax Aerosol

I have no doubt that I would have had as good or perhaps better results that the LG had I tried a more cutting edge product like most Autopian enthusiasts use. Its just light years better than what I`ve used in the past. But more than that the prep(dawn dish soap then clay bar) stuff I learned here really made the difference. I also learned from this forum some techniques to employ concerning better ways of applying the product. Not to mention the suggestion to use MF towels.

Thanks to everyone on this forum!!! Not only is this a patient warm friendly group, its full of expertise and passionate detailing enthusiats and experts alike.

Craig

`04 Sedona EX

Accumulator
09-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah, LG gets overlooked or (IMO) unjustly criticized here. Chuck Mallett uses it on the `vettes his company builds, tops it with Souveran. Good OTC product.

You might try topping a section of it with a "beauty wax". It made/makes quite a difference on the `vettes.

ALAN81
09-04-2004, 12:11 PM
LETS see how LG holds up to FRANCIS? good luck

Craigmri
09-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Alan,

The Sedona wont see Francis since it`ll be tucked away in the garage till the sun shines again. I will say though that while washing it this morning the spray from the garden hose stopped inches shy of touching the paint and rolled away like it wasnt even in contact.....it was truly amazing.

Craig

imported_Aurora40
09-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Craigmri

Protect-all aerosol

FYI, this stuff is great around the house and on glass too, like on counters and windshields and such. :)

wing
09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
3 coats of Klasse SG and I had that same effect :up I remember washing my car after a drive and I couldn`t get water on the damn thing, it would bead so fast and just roll off the car was dry :bow