PDA

View Full Version : How to remove fallout damage

samhian
09-03-2004, 08:41 AM
My car has a single stage paint job and has fallout and acid rain etching on the hood and trunk. This damage in inbedded in the paint. The car shines and looks awesome until you get up close and look at it from an angle. I`ve have tried claying, AIO, Menzerna FP, VM and 3M Extra Fine Cut Rubbing Compound. Nothing has helped. I have read about the A-B-C system and wonder if something like that would help, but these marks seem to be inbedded, not just on the surface. Would the A-B-C system remove these marks? Should I try a swirl mark remover or Scratch X? I`m about to give up.

Jngrbrdman
09-03-2004, 08:55 AM
ABC removes the fallout. There isn`t a whole lot that it is going to do for the damage. Without pictures of the damage it is hard to tell you how to proceed. You have already tried most of the things that I would have tried. It is possible that it is time for a new paint job, but without being able to see the damage it is hard to say.

Accumulator
09-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, in this case you gotta distinguish between the fallout itself and the damage it caused. The ABC is good for the actual fallout, and might help stop it from causing further damage. But it`s not gonna be a miracle worker once the damage is done.

BTW, I`d look into the FinishKare system, it seems to offer some advantages over ABC, but I`ve only used the latter.

If the FCRC didn`t get it, then something milder like Scratch-X probably isn`t the way to go.

samhian
09-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Accumulator, have you ever tried the Finish Kare system? If so, which products? Did you use the basic Paint Decontamination Kit?

Accumulator
09-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by samhian

Accumulator, have you ever tried the Finish Kare system?...the basic Paint Decontamination Kit?

Yeah, that`s what I mean, but no, I haven`t tried it. But I`m willing to concede that it might have some advantages over the ABC (which I have used with good results and no problems).