PDA

View Full Version : 1zpp, then vm, then ???

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Im going to be doing some cars within the next few days for some practice (never really polished before). One is a dark blue, one is silver, and one is red.

I will be using izpp (has some minor scratches and swirls), vm, then probably ex-p.

Is this a good combo or not? and should i top the ex-p with anything? I have meguiars gold class wax

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
and I heard that a lot of people use vm on the wheels and windows and stuff, never put anything like that on windows or wheels, i always just cleaned them.

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:43 AM
does the vm make the windows and wheels look good, and can you use it on chrome too?

Accumulator
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
VM works very well on most everything, except rubber (and a few of us have even used it on that). Might not have the heat-resistance for wheels, but it`s no worse than any natural wax. Works OK on side glass, but I wouldn`t use it on the windshield. And regular window cleaners will usually take it off.

I wouldn`t top anything with GC, but others do...

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:17 PM
thanks for the reply

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Im a bit confused about topping things, like a sealant topped with a carnauba, or a sealant topped with a synthetic. Can someone explain this 2 me?

ill be using izpp, then vm, then ex-p, but should i top it with anything or not?

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
oh and winters coming soon, and there will be lots of salt on the road, does the ex-p offer good protection?

RonTL
09-03-2004, 12:28 PM
another thing im confused about is some people putting a layer of sythetic wax, then glaze, then a carnauba wax. I thought the glaze was suppose to go first, like in my case, the vm goes before the ex-p and wax topper

hirosh
09-03-2004, 12:48 PM
VM/EX-P is a good combo, although you might want to consider EX instead. my avatar is of the VM/EX-Px2/CMW combo on my blue Mach1, yet the EX x3 looks the same.

i don`t think you`ll need to top it off. if you do, use a pure wax like Meg`s #16 or Natty`s or s100, not a synthetic wax, i am assuming you`re asking about a synthetic wax.

VM is great on any exterior part of the car. it`s great on chrome, side and rear windows, trim that`s not textured, pretty much anything the bottle says it can be used on. not sure about the wheels though.

and the steps are glaze, sealant, then pure wax (optional). i haven`t heard of people going synthetic wax, glaze, then caranuba wax.

as far as durability in the winter, i have no idea as i don`t have those conditions in hawaii. i`ve heard people prefer Zaino or the Klasse Twins for those types of conditions, and have sucess with them over the winter. if you`re looking for durability, you might want to consider one of those two, like the Klasse Twins as it is slightly easier to apply. the Zaino you`ll be mixing things, and it might take some time to get used without wasting it.