PDA

View Full Version : Samplers available?

jvcn
09-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Hello all. I`m new to this group after lurking a while.

I`d like to know if anyone offers samplers with small amount s of different waxes or polishes?

I would also pay to have one of you with extensive collections of stuff send me about an ounce each of various waxes. I mostly have store bought Megs or Duragloss stuff and would like to try the following:

BF, Wolfgang, UPP, Poorboys EX/EXP, NXT, Klasse SG.

I can`t convince myself to spend the money on so many different lines, but would like to see for myself what the fuss is. If I can`t tell the diff then I`ll stick to what I have and just be happy.

Of the ones I have, I tend to like Meg`s 16 wax and Meg GC for looks (though the latter wears off quickly). I really favor warm, wet Carnaubas (think salad oil) over the more plasticky polymers (say Duragloss). But I rather like ColorX.

I`m also lazy. :)

Anyone willing to help this newbie? Thx.

andriver
09-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Welcome to Autopia. I have received Einszett samples from Mike www.1z-usa.com . Some members may also be willing to send you samples of their goodies.

medic
09-02-2004, 02:48 PM
you can also get samples of 303 (they`re really tiny though) from the 303 website.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

jmsc
09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
I received some samples last year from Menzerna USA (Jeff) and this year from 1Z (Mike).

I know some people post trades in order to try out diff products. This may be your best bet. In the long run though, you will probably end up buying and trying and spending $$$.

vapore0n
09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by medic

you can also get samples of 303 (they`re really tiny though) from the 303 website.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

nice, I wanted to try the 303 to see if I would buy, so there I have it.

SpoiledMan
09-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by jmsc

I received some samples last year from Menzerna USA (Jeff) and this year from 1Z (Mike).

I know some people post trades in order to try out diff products. This may be your best bet. In the long run though, you will probably end up buying and trying and spending $$$.

How does one go about getting the Menzerna samples?

jmsc
09-02-2004, 07:33 PM
and ask for Jeff (do a GOOG search). Got some samples because I`m a part/time prof detailer. Was able to purchase PowerGloss thru them months before CMA carried it.

Menzerna is based in NY.

jvcn
09-06-2004, 01:07 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who responded with samples -- which were either freely offered or for which I was charged a minimal sum for the postage and containers.

This really helps when you`re a non-pro newbie with limited time to go through everything on your own. And the opinions you`ve expressed have let me "calibrate" the various reviews I read to my own perceptions.

You`re a really friendly bunch and I look forward to learning how to keep my Much-less-than-concours-worthy cars clean.

:bow :bow :bow

mtodde
09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Here`s the actual link to the 303 samples. For $5 the 1st sample offer is an expensive way to see if 303 works for you without spending much money!