PDA

View Full Version : NXT Killed My FMJ !!!

Dave N
09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
In the immortal words of Charlie Brown.... AAARGH!!!

I put FMJ on my truck sometime back in June, and it beaded strong for 2 months or more. Then the weekend before last I decided for some reason to throw a quick coat of NXT on to see how it looked. I washed last weekend and it seemed to bead fine, but tonight I just washed it and there is zero beading.

OK, I guess I asked for it. I`ve read all the threads that say NXT has some mild solvents in it but I guess I didn`t think it would remove the FMJ.

Some may say that NXT sheets rather than beads, but it didn`t look like the good quality hydrophobic sheeting you get with other products like Klasse SG. It looked more like there just wasn`t anything left on the paint.

Looks like I`ll be giving my truck an AIO/FMJ treatment this weekend.

Detail 1
09-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Dave where do I go or how can I find out what all the abbreviations mean? thanks.....

Dave N
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
On the main page ( http://www.autopia.org/ ) look in the "Features" box on the top left. There is an Acronyms list there that covers nearly all of the abbreviations used here.

tailwind
09-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Does Meguiar`s claim there`s cleaners in NXT?

I`ve seen a lot of guys reporting they think there is from experiences with it.

myall00
09-02-2004, 04:31 AM
The simple fact is, NXT definitely has mild cleaners inside.

Another fact is, it has very very poor durability. For me, its water beading has never lasted for more than 2 weeks under any situation.

NXT is a wonderful product is your expectations are not that high.

For the price, it delivers the goods.

Corey Bit Spank
09-03-2004, 10:29 AM
If the FMJ was doing so good, why did you top it? Just curious to see what it would look like? :nixweiss Did it not look good after 2 months? Why not put on more FMJ?

Dave N
09-03-2004, 12:34 PM
If the FMJ was doing so good, why did you top it? Just curious to see what it would look like? Did it not look good after 2 months? Why not put on more FMJ?

Why does a man detail a car? Because it`s there!:p Yeah, I guess I just wanted to try something else on my truck. The FMJ was holding up fine, but I wanted to see how NXT would make it look.

NXT is a good product, for about 2 weeks. For me it hasn`t stood up to rain or washing very well.

Corey Bit Spank
09-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Top it with #16. :) It`ll look reeeeally impressive.