PDA

View Full Version : Which Car Magazine?

Pages : [1] 2

Intercooled
09-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Which car magazine do you think gives the best readability, best reviews and layout. Also doesn`t cater to the "rich and famous" showing mostly cars that most of us could never have.

Bill D
09-01-2004, 04:02 PM
That rules out Du Pont Registry or Robb Report ;) :rolleyes:

Hmm...I always liked Car and Driver best :up

ohms69
09-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Do you chaps get EVO magazine in the states?:)

It`s without doubt the best performance car magazine in the UK...The photography is simply sublime!:bow

Steve A
09-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Other=Autoweek.

RedondoV6
09-01-2004, 04:20 PM
If you want your car to go 1/10 second faster to 60 than anywhere else ..... Car and Driver! :xyxthumbs :rofl

Accumulator
09-01-2004, 05:10 PM
I`m guessing that Sportscar International, Automobile, etc. are a bit too high-price-oriented for what you`re asking about.

I voted C&D. I`ve been enjoying it for over 30 years, so that must indicate a pretty broad range of appeal (my interests in cars have changed a lot over the years).

Yeah, Autoweek is good too, and Sports & Classic Car and some of the other Brit mags are really down to earth, if a bit Euro-centric.

audio1der
09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
SCC (Sport Compact Car) has me reading intently, mixed with bursts of laughter. It`s a bit corny sometimes, but the mix of great technical jargon and everyday BS`ing keeps me coming back.

Of course, I read all those other monthly`s as well.

JustinR32
09-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Grassroots Motorsports... for all the cars that the rich guys bought new and got tired of, and that still have lots of FUN left in them!

To,

topnotchtouch
09-01-2004, 08:52 PM
I currectly subscribe to two "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords" as well as "5.0 Mustang and Super Fords". I need to renew my subscription to Mustang Enthusiast. You mean there are cars out there other than the Mustang :nixweiss

Most of the rags like Motor Trend or Car and Driver tend to have their biases. I find myself getting darn right mad at them and have subscribed and unsubscribed so many times I just watch them on TV now rather than pay for the magazine.

kartoon
09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Motor Trend for me. I used to read Car and Driver but after my subscription expired they offered me a renewal at a much higher rate than what was available to others. Switched to MT and have been with them for quite a few years now. Generally they cover almost the same cars but I actually like the style of MT better - just my opinion.

In the past I`ve also tried Roundell, SCC and something tuner related but don`t have the time nor money for that any more.

packfan
09-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Motor Trend, hands down, the others have too much auto cross and racing crap. Just test cars and trucks and report on your findings please.

imported_mirrorfinishman
09-02-2004, 04:22 AM
AutoWeek

imported_memnuts
09-02-2004, 04:46 AM
AutoWeek. :xyxthumbs

samhian
09-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Another SSC mag vote. The best import magazine I`ve read. It was one of the first and is still one of the best. The only report on cars that perform. Not just Hondas with intakes and loud exhausts.

andriver
09-02-2004, 06:40 AM
I subscribe to both Car and Driver and Road & Track. I usually read Car and Driver first.