PDA

View Full Version : einszett polish

Pages : [1] 2

RonTL
08-31-2004, 11:31 PM
I just ordered some 1zpp, i dont have a pc yet, so ill be using it by hand. How much of greater results can be acheived with the pc than by hand?

NavindraLR
08-31-2004, 11:53 PM
most will give different answers, but from my experience, i think the pc gives a better finish, being smoother, and takes out the swirls a lot better than by hand... also, it is quicker obviously. i think you should invest in a pc... u will be very happy with the results...

Gonzo
09-01-2004, 06:20 AM
What he said.

kfexplore
09-01-2004, 08:58 AM
I haven`t taken the plunge for a pc either.

Still do it by hand and it takes me a looooooooong time (SUV).

Have to admit I`m terrified of screwing up my paint.:o

I`ve been lurking here for a year know and I sure am tempted to buy one.......

Gonzo
09-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Get the PC and save yourself physically! About the only way a PC can hurt your paint is to smash the body of the PC into the paint. As long as the pad is touching the paint you will be fine.

JaCkaL829
09-01-2004, 09:20 AM
I bought 1Z PP before I had a PC and used it on a couple cars with so/so results. Now that I have my PC I get great results. I guess when I used it by hand I wasn`t breaking it down completely. 1Z PP is a great polish very easy to work with, and does a great job of cleaning up the paint. I would, like others have already advised, for you to save your money for a PC. The PC is a great tool, and you`ll wonder how you lived without it. Its worth every penny.

JasonD
09-01-2004, 09:41 AM
1Z PP is my favorite polish and I would ONLY use it with a PC. There isn`t any way you can mess up your paint with a PC. IMHO, you could probably do more damage by hand than with a PC! Applying anything by hand is very uneven since the amount of pressure constantly changes. If not careful, you will end up with dark and light spots. On the other hand, a PC will keep constant pressure over the entire car giving you an evenly prepped surface, and will allow the polish to do its job better.

Clink on the link in my signature and download the Ebook, it will explain the correct way to use polishes and a detailed section on the PC. Good luck!

RonTL
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
thanks for all the reply`s, you have been a great help, i guess ill use my $20 craftsman polisher until i can invest in a pc.

That link isn`t working for the e-book

Bill D
09-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RonTL

thanks for all the reply`s, you have been a great help, i guess ill use my $20 craftsman polisher until i can invest in a pc.

I used those for a long time and kick myself all the time now for all the time I wasted using them.

RonTL
09-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but it has to be quicker than by hand.

JasonD
09-01-2004, 01:38 PM

Sorry about that, don`t know what happened. It should be working now, try it again. After clicking on the link, a download box should pop up. The Autopia Guide to Detailing is a Windows executable ebook. Click the link to download and save the file to your Windows Desktop. Click the red car icon to run the book. You will need to register your copy to get a password that unlocks all chapters. The author, David Bynon, sends free updates 2-3 times a year.

JasonD
09-01-2004, 01:41 PM

Yeah, but it has to be quicker than by hand.

Yes, it will probably be quicker but certainly not "better".

andriver
09-01-2004, 03:06 PM
I have corrected some minor scratches by hand with PP. Use a cotton cloth and some elbow grease. Nevertheless, a PC works alot better.

Intercooled
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I just recieved my PC about 3 weeks ago. I was aprehensive also. After a few practice panels on work truck I was ready to go. It`s so easy and fast. You really would need to do something drastic to screw up your paint. I also just ordered some 1zpp. I`m looking forward to using it, I here its VERY user friendly!

NavindraLR
09-01-2004, 04:43 PM
yeah, in my books the 1z is the best... ive tried menzerna, wolfgang, meguiars... all those polishes fall short... and the pc makes it even better... some will disagree, but my opinion is that it provides better results, in half the time