PDA

View Full Version : NSX Prep Begins for NOPI Nationals

Pages : [1] 2

DaveGS4
08-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Started prepping our cars for NOPI Nationals in Atlanta next month (big car show at Atlanta Motor Speedway 7,000 vehicles 90,000 people). Terry (our detailer) talked me into trying Souveran on the NSX instead of Zaino since he was going to strip off the Zaino and do a good bit of paint and scratch work prior to reapplying the wax.

Products he used:

Klasse All in One

Poorboys SSR2

3m Swirl Mark remover for Dark Cars

Pinnacle Souveran

Back to Black

This car had 4 layers of Zaino on it prior to this, next week we`ll finish up the show prep. Terry may actually come down to NOPI with us and enter his Camaro.

My observations of Souveran vs Zaino

Souveran appears more `glassy` and probably a bit deeper, but I think the Zaino on it before had a sharper reflection. For the purposes of the car show , I think Souveran is probably going to show better. I`m still going to keep Zaino on my Lexus for the show.

Here are some pics

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/albums/NSX/DSC01020.jpg

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/albums/NSX/DSC01022.jpg

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/albums/NSX/DSC01021.jpg

stilez
08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Looks great :up

Souveran is a great wax that really shows off the true color.

Best of luck at NOPI.

Any recent shots of the Lex?

DaveGS4
08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks!

Originally posted by GSRstilez

Any recent shots of the Lex?

Yep, quite a few. I was selected as car of the month on ClubLexus (which is why I had Terry do the detail he posted about a while back on my GS) so I went on a major photoshoot. Good selection in the COTM writeup here (http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article/articleview/2292/1/10/) and more pics in our gallery here. (http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/COTMCandidates)

The NSX is going to get a bit more attention now though since I`m done with the work for that writeup. :)

Woob
08-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Go Autopia! Always wanted to go to NOPI. Why is it that I see so many NCers around here detailing? Keep us posted on how ya do!

hirosh
08-31-2004, 06:46 PM
both cars look great, although i`d give the edge, a very small one, to the NSX. maybe it`s just the pictures, but it seems a tad bit warmer. :p but they both look great! good luck at the show!

NavindraLR
08-31-2004, 07:48 PM
good luck @ nopi... the cars look sick. love the gs,... its ******* beautiful...!!!

stilez
08-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Dave:

Your Lexus = Nicest GS I`ve ever seen :bow

I don`t usually praise vehicle`s like that, but I don`t think I`d change a thing with yours. I like everything about it.

Do you mind telling me 1) How you got to take pics in a dealership showroom floor? 2) What kind of camera you are using/settings?

Thanks and Good Luck.

DaveGS4
08-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Do you mind telling me 1) How you got to take pics in a dealership showroom floor? 2) What kind of camera you are using/settings?

Thanks!

1) lol, you need to spend a LOT of money installing aftermarket parts there and find the right people to ask

2) pics were either taken by me or my GF. My camera is a 5mp Canon G5, pics either with auto or night time setting for the most part. I used a tripod or monopod for almost everything in that folder. My GFs camera is a 6mp Canon Eos 300D Digital Rebel (digital SLR)

stilez
09-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Dave: Thanks for the replies and good luck :up

imported_kgb
09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Be careful on your way to the show. We left from Detroit in 2002 and met in Baltimore for the Super Street Tour to NOPI and saw so many idiot drivers and car wrecks it was unbelievable.

Fun times though but just too many idiots on the road and in the hotels on the way down. We need meet a bunch of nice cool people along the way, it was not ALL idiots. :up

TechSol
09-01-2004, 12:44 PM
BEAUTIFUL GS400! I really like everything about the car, too.... I used to not like the GS, but after one ride in one I totally changed my mind and am now saving up for one. I really like the front grill... it gives the car a whole new look.

1 Clean WS6
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Dude.....

The NSX is gorgeous...but that blown GS is KILLER!!!!!!! :bow :bow :bow

Not only do you have exquisite taste in cars but Terry is one of the best...you have great taste in detailers as well! :bigups

imported_DetailGirl
09-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Nothing personal but I dont think that NSX looks very good. In the shot of the front bumper it looks like it is dirty, or swiled, or chipped. The Lexus is down right amazing. I mean that is just speachless.

imported_kgb
09-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Nothing personal but I dont think that NSX looks very good. In the shot of the front bumper it looks like it is dirty, or swiled, or chipped. The Lexus is down right amazing. I mean that is just speachless.

Looks damn good to me :D

DaveGS4
09-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

The front bumper is going to get some more TLC in the near future. There are a small number of pinhole size chips in it, and Terry did a great job on it for a first run through. I`d say its at least 70% improvement from how it was before he started. It`s really not bad at all in person. We`re going to do a bit of Langka on it as well.

Part of the problem is Terry`s camera too :D He needs a better one to represent the work he does.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

2001civicex, I`m of the same mind as you. I`m taking the day off on Friday before NOPI and hitting the road in the AM BEFORE the super street tour comes through town. Want to avoid that nasty mess. I figure we`ll get to see all those cars once we get there anyway :).