PDA

View Full Version : good wheel dressing, and what kind of application?

RonTL
08-31-2004, 04:17 PM
I got some eagle one a2z tire and wheel cleaner and some eagle one tire dressing. What should i get for wheels? from wal-mart or autozone.

And im going to be using the 1z polishes. What kind of application should i use. I have a craftsman $20 polisher and i have a black magic hang application thing, you can put bonnets on it just like the polisher. Which one should i use and what bonnet should i use for polish application. Would terry be fine?

imported_FordTaurus
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
I assume that you are talking about dressing the wheels themselves and not the tires. If you are looking at getting something to put on the wheels from a place like Auto zone, something like Mother`s carnauba would at least do something. If you order from the internet, some Klasse would look real nice.

Bill D
08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
You might be able to get some Mothers Clear Coat Wheel Polish locally but I`ve never seen it in Wal Mart. You need to go to a car parts store that has an extensive line of Mothers products

RonTL
08-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Didn`t know you could put wax on wheels, but then again, i just started detailing.

RonTL
08-31-2004, 10:34 PM
now if I use a wax or sealant like klasse, then how would i put it on? Just like you do on the paint?

imported_perry
09-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Yep, just like paint! That`s assuming, of course, that your wheels are clearcoated like paint.

A carnuba won`t last all that long because of the heat from the brakes. Your best bet will be a synthetic.

I wouldn`t put any bets on the sealant or wax lasting through an A2Z cleaning.

Use a foam bonnet on your power buffer for the polish. It`s not as good as a PC, but if you work slowly you`ll be able to make better progress than by hand.

RonTL
09-01-2004, 09:52 AM
thanks for all the reply`s. Now how do i know if the wheels are clear coat? and would chrome be the same, i have the never dull metal stuff, should i use that first, or just use it for tailpipes, and chrome bumpers and stuff, and after i use the nevel dull on the bumpers, should i put wax on it too?

NavindraLR
09-01-2004, 09:55 AM
im guessing u have an acura tl from your name, so im positive that all tl`s made have clear coated wheels.. but if they are chrome (aftermarket?) the sg should be safe on them as well... but i would rather use chrome polish, which have some protectants in them (mothers, 1z)

dont use that never dull stuff on chrome... id only used it on alloys, or regular metal/polished