PDA

View Full Version : Performance Problems with Bold N Bright

SilverLexus
08-31-2004, 06:57 AM
I have been noticing some poor performance from Bold N Bright applications on my tires. Here`s what has happened three time to me:

1. Initial shine looks good.

2. Shine fades after a couple of days. Like 50% or greater in terms of fading.

3. Any trips through a rainstorm, light or heavy, just destroys the look.

On the other hand I get much better results with Z-16...no fading of shine, durability in water, nice glossly look that is also natural.

I`m switching back to Z-16 after a brief trial with BnB. Zaino is just the better product in my opinion.

eShine
08-31-2004, 09:11 AM
SilverLexus, do you wash your tires between applications? Many peole just keep applying the tire shine without actually scrubbing the tires, this will decrease the performance of any product. If you don`t already do that give it a shot.

Chris Pace

Mindflux
08-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Bold N Bright is Water based, so don`t expect the longevity to be long; and I would never expect a water based tire dressing to last through a rain storm or some good puddles.

On that note, I use Meguiars High Endurance (High Gloss) and like it a lot, although I think I`m applying too much as I get sling even after buffing some of it off after 30 mins.

Wasatch
08-31-2004, 10:06 AM
#40 works very well on tires, lasts a couple of weeks for sure.

stilez
08-31-2004, 12:52 PM
I`ve had great results with BnB.

First I do a heavy wash on the tires (wheel cleaner and stiff tire brush), once dry, I apply BnB...Wait 10 mins and re-apply to insure uniform application.

I agree that at first after rainstorms, the look dimishes. However, each wash I just run the mitt over the tire to clean off any loose dirt/grime. Then 1 application of BnB.

So, I end up layering. With layering I get EXCELLENT longevity out of BnB. I have had 2 light rainstorms in the past 1.5 weeks and BnB looks like I just applied it.

Give layering a shot and I think you will be happy, but remember the proper initial cleaning is big as well.

Dalton
08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
I know I say it all the time but my favorite tire dressing is PB Trim Restorer. Apply it with tire swipe, let sit for 10-15 mins then buff off with a towel. Will last for weeks and gives a really nice satin/new tire look.

SilverLexus
09-01-2004, 08:04 AM
So, I end up layering. With layering I get EXCELLENT longevity out of BnB. I have had 2 light rainstorms in the past 1.5 weeks and BnB looks like I just applied it.

I will have to try the layering process. Thanks Sean for the recommendation.

DETAILKING
09-01-2004, 02:16 PM
I also "layer" dressings. I don`t use a tire cleaner or scrub my tires every wash. I usually just run my washmit around the tires while cleaning the wheels with carwash. I apply tire dressing every wash or every other wash depending on how the tires look. Never had a durability problem with 303 or Zaino, which are both WATER based dressings....