PDA

View Full Version : It just rained on my clean car!

rgilbert24
08-30-2004, 10:35 PM
My car was perfectly clean and it just got rained on in the driveway - one of those somewhat clean rains. Anyone ever tempted to just dry it off without washing it?

JaCkaL829
08-30-2004, 10:37 PM
If you just waxed it(which im hoping you did), then the water should bead right off. Usually I wipe the water off, then QD and it looks just as good.

SaabOCD
08-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by rgilbert

My car was perfectly clean and it just got rained on in the driveway - one of those somewhat clean rains. Anyone ever tempted to just dry it off without washing it?

Just wash it again, it doesn`t take that much time.. And it`s so much fun, epecially if you`re OCD about your car like I am...

Jngrbrdman
09-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Did someone mention OCD? :D That is me to a T.

I wouldn`t try drying it without washing it first. Rainwater ain`t the purest stuff on earth unless it is from the mountains of Tahiti or something... There is all kinds of dirt and bad stuff in rain water if you live in the city. And if your car has any dust on it at all then you have even more potential for damage. Definitely wash the car again if it rains on it and you see dirt.

imported_pdsterns
09-27-2004, 09:36 AM
It`s 7:30 am, can`t you just grap the hose, flood it with water and give it a quick drying with your MF and go to work?

zey
09-27-2004, 09:51 AM
I find drying a car is the most time consuming process. Washing could just take up 30% of the total time, the remaining will be on drying. Don`t forget that you need to dry up the door jambs, cracks and crevices...else you`ll be facing water spot problems.

jlfrogy
09-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I would only wipe it off if I had not driven the car at all.