PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a rotary to apply polishes or AIO?

imported_DetailGirl
08-30-2004, 06:33 PM
I was thinking about giving it a try with a white pad and AIO.

I have never done anything but compound with a rotary before.

Or have you used s100/p21 SEC or vanillia moose type products with it?

Thanks

Jngrbrdman
08-30-2004, 07:52 PM
I apply everything liquid (not counting SG) with a PC. Since I am usually applying AIO to clean the car, I apply it with a pad that is a little harder than the white pad. Actually, usually I apply it with a Meguiar`s red pad. I can`t imagine cleaning an oxidized finish with AIO without a PC. For everything else I think the PC just speeds up the process and helps me spread things out a lot further. Using a PC for other things besides polishes is the reason that they make so many other pads that are softer than cutting pads. I haven`t ever applied a paste with a PC, but I`ve seen David`s article on PC usage and see how he does it. I suppose shaking the wax out of the jar and rubbing it on the pad would work, but I prefer using pastes by hand for some reason.

6']['9
08-30-2004, 10:16 PM
aio is a cleaner product so you dont use that with a rotory :nono

the only thing i use with a rotory is a smr and a polish like FP, PP, DACP,SFP, Speed glaze, everything else i do after that is with a pc. good luck

Accumulator
08-31-2004, 11:41 AM
DetailGirl- I applied cleaners and glazes with a rotary back in the day. I dunno if there`s any real advantage unless you`re dealing with severe oxidation. Watch your speed so you don`t dry out the product and induce micromarring. Keep it moving and "good luck", you might need it ;) The slinging alone would dissuade me from doing it.

Meg`s #3 is a non-abrasive glaze/polish that was designed for rotary use, so it`s not like it`s some :nono to do this by rotary. Just not common/popular/as safe as doing it by DA.