PDA

View Full Version : Random Orbital question.

AutoFreak615
08-30-2004, 02:15 AM
i notice that you guys almost swear by your PC`s but my question is, are all random orbital buffers the same? why is the PC so prefered? i recently saw a Black and Decker random orbital for like $40. how would that compare to the PC? thanks.

imported_perry
08-30-2004, 02:22 AM
The PC is FAR superior to the other buffers from Pep Boys and stuff. I used my PC for the first time last weekend after making due with a Craftsman buffer for a few years. The Craftsman served me well because I didn`t know any better, but the PC makes it look like a toy.

The speed and power of the PC are really nice as is the variety of pads for the PC. With the Craftsman I was pretty much stuck with whatever type of foam the auto parts store had. The PC opens up a much larger world.. Several abrasive levels of foam, ease of use of the backing plate (no silly bonnets that I`d tear when putting on), and I picked up a carpet brush to help me on the interior.

I`d say save your pennies for a PC.

Lowejackson
08-30-2004, 05:54 AM
There are lots of buffers for sale, the advantage of the PC is that it is an effective tool for polishing paint and it is very easy to use