PDA

View Full Version : qd`s on glass?

III
08-29-2004, 10:25 PM
After using the qd of your choice, do you use it on the glass of the vehicle or do you use a separate product dedicated for glass? The reason being is because I`ve used wipe & shine on my windows just because I didn`t have anything handy at the time, but I was told it`s really not a good idea because the glass will feel greasy because of the silicone in the product. I didn`t notice that much of a greasy feeling. Maybe a little, but not a lot.

imported_NHBFAN
08-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by III

After using the qd of your choice, do you use it on the glass of the vehicle or do you use a separate product dedicated for glass? The reason being is because I`ve used wipe & shine on my windows just because I didn`t have anything handy at the time, but I was told it`s really not a good idea because the glass will feel greasy because of the silicone in the product. I didn`t notice that much of a greasy feeling. Maybe a little, but not a lot.

I`d prefer to use a dedicated glass cleaner (E1 20/20 or Stoner`s IG), but I have used QDs on clean glass (freshly washed) to buff out water spots on exterior glass before with modest results.

Also like to use VM on exterior glass.

Lowejackson
08-30-2004, 06:13 AM
For glass apart from the windscreen I use a QD (Zaino) but I would not use a QD with wax on my windscreen. VM seems ok but I prefer to use a glass cleaner which does not interfere with the optics

imported_pugoman
08-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Clearkote QuickShine is an excellent QD on glass. Contains no silcones or waxes.