PDA

View Full Version : mothers reflections vs poorboys pwc

Pages : [1] 2

III
08-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Which do you think would give a better look as a one step? I don`t care about durability.

ALAN81
08-30-2004, 01:49 PM
PWC a better product then Mothers reflections but that is just my opinion

imported_COBRyan
08-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

PWC a better product then Mothers reflections but that is just my opinion

I like them both, and I really think they have equal "ease of use" qualities. Neither really will be very durable so thats good you dont care about that factor. The Mothers will not do much of anything for swirls and neither will PWC really. If I had a choice I would probably pick PWC since most finishes are never in perfect shape. If your paint was perfect, I would recommend the Reflections. Reflections made my yellow cobra look stunning when it was brand new. But I doubt I would use it now that my car gets regular swirls.

Dennis H.
08-30-2004, 04:26 PM
If we were able to make Reflections better what would you like it to do?

bluemoon
08-30-2004, 08:17 PM
If we were able to make Reflections better what would you like it to do?

I would first like to say what I like about Reflections. I have been expiementing all summer with it. I have put it on when the weather has been cool and damp, and tried it in direct sunlight at midday, and various conditions in between with very good results. Easy on and easy off in all conditions and leaves a very nice shine. Also, our cars have alot of trim and if you get any on it, just wipe it off and thier is no stain. We have received many compliments on how good our cars look, even the neighbor came over complaining that he needed sunglasses because the car shined so much, and wanted to know what I used to get the car to look so good. I have spent so much time playing with the stuff that I don`t know first hand what the durability is, but from what I have read hear and other places, 6-8 weeks is about what is to be expected. In the perfect world that is fine, but I live where winter can last 4-6 months. Applying reflections when it is -20f in January is just not an option. If you made any changes to reflections I would like it to have more durability.

Ohhh by the way, reflections over sealer and glaze works very well also.

acl99
08-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Reflections seems fine to me its pretty fool proof, however i would love a pure sealant from mothers! Perhaps use Reflections as a base for a new pure sealant? :D Kinda like the whole AIO/SG thing.

packfan
08-30-2004, 10:21 PM
I like Mothers 3 stage line just fine, but I wasn`t impressed with Reflections, as a matter of fact I sent it back (to Mothers) for a refund (never done that before).

imported_COBRyan
08-31-2004, 02:39 AM
ya relfections needs more durability!!!!!

ALAN81
08-31-2004, 08:09 AM
I will NOT sit here and tell anyone how to change there product.I use some Mothers and there are really good.IMHO I favor PB PWC because when I used both products PWC lasted longer then Mothers Reflections.It was easier to use but that is just me.

groebuck
08-31-2004, 10:04 AM
can actually work as a glaze as well to help hide some swirl marks - if you do an inital coat with a PC then a second coat by hand.

As for it`s longevity - I gave it to my mom to use to keep her Intrigue in shape as an easy to use product - when I went home last Christmas she had just laser washed it and the water was beading like crazy - I aksed her when was the last time she applied the PwC..she didn`t...not since I did her car about 5 months ago! (granted she is retired and it probably stays in the garage more than it makes it outside!!)

Dennis H.
08-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks for your support and suggestions! We`ll get Mr. Chemist on it!

Alan81 - sorry to have offended you. I didn`t realize the question was a touchy subject. As that guy from PPG says, Find a product you like and use it often. Glad to see you`ve found something you like.

ALAN81
08-31-2004, 01:15 PM
DENNIS you didn`t offend me believe me when I tell you its ony wax and polish but I can`t sit here and tell you how to change a product when im not a chemist and you know the saying too many cooks spoil the broth.I just voice my opinion one of many here on Autopia

Dennis H.
08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
No problem Alan81.

I guess I should have been a little clearer by saying if we were able to make it better what attributes would you like to see changed?

ALAN81
08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
DENNIS first of all let me say that I really like the MOTHERS company.Most if not all products you make are quality.I don`t think there is a person out there that can honestly say they found a company that thet are impressed with every single product. I tried Reflections and thought that the durability could have been a little longer .It was easy on and easy off but I thought it would be a little more abrasive. NEVER think that you are going to satify all your customers because it won`t happen,on the other hand your cleaner wax,pure carnuba,clay,and showtime get a big thumbs up from me.I hoped this cleared the air.

imported_COBRyan
08-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

DENNIS first of all let me say that I really like the MOTHERS company.Most if not all products you make are quality.I don`t think there is a person out there that can honestly say they found a company that thet are impressed with every single product. I tried Reflections and thought that the durability could have been a little longer .It was easy on and easy off but I thought it would be a little more abrasive. NEVER think that you are going to satify all your customers because it won`t happen,on the other hand your cleaner wax,pure carnuba,clay,and showtime get a big thumbs up from me.I hoped this cleared the air.

Thats funny because I thought reflections was the best product Mothers had :D