PDA

View Full Version : Shark Steamer

imported_Terry
08-29-2004, 09:55 PM
I`m doing some `Show Car` details in a couple of weeks and need to improve on my engine bay detailing skills. I bought a Shark Steamer at Lowe`s today for $99.00. It was pretty impressive on the infomercial and was very impressive cleaning my QX4 engine bay. On one side I just sprayed the steam....it worked pretty well. The other side I lightly sprayed dilluted Simple Green and waited about twenty seconds...Then shot the Steam.......Wow :xyxthumbs talk about spotless. I know, I should have taken some pics ; before and after, but I`ll have them for the NXS & Lexus engines.....Hopefully they`le win too

imported_edschwab1
08-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Good luck at the car show.

How hot did the shark get? How much steam did the shark produce?

Eric

imported_Terry
08-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Eric , It takes 28 oz`s of tap water......Shoots for 16 continuous minutes.......The manual doesn`t give the degree of heat....but it gets very hot.....It shot steam....not water. I filled the unit once and cleaned the entire engine bay......all four wheels and the wheel wells...It took me about 40 minutes for everything......of course the unit didn`t run continuous as I wiped the wheels and wells after the steam. My vehicles are in very good shape.....The real test will be on clients` cars.....But I expect good results from what I`ve seen so far.