PDA

View Full Version : EX-P is an excellent "sun friendly" product!

imported_NHBFAN
08-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Detailed a 2001 Black Integra today. First polished with PwC, then applied EX-P by hand. Actually applied it thicker than I should have and let it sit on that black car for the better part of an hour in direct sunlight in 90 degree heat and high humidity while I tackled the interior.

Was absolutely amazed at how easily EX-P was to remove.

EX-P is my LSP of choice when it comes to using in sun and partial sun environments.

6']['9
08-29-2004, 09:47 PM
whenever i get stuck out in the sun i always use poorboys products.

Sveta
08-29-2004, 10:00 PM
If EX-P can top PwC can it top #16? Obviously, PwC is working for you. Could you commpare PwC to VM when topped with EX-P? Thanks.

imported_NHBFAN
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

If EX-P can top PwC can it top #16? Obviously, PwC is working for you. Could you commpare PwC to VM when topped with EX-P? Thanks.

Not sure why you would want to top a wax (#16) with a sealant (EX-P).

I`ve found PwC and VM to give similar results. The only reason I use PwC more frequently than VM is because I can buy PwC by the gallon.

Sveta
08-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I don`t want to top #16 with EX-P.

What I`m trying to understand is how the Carnauba in the Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba (PwC) is different then a straight carnauba like #16. I thought most sealants don`t bond well or at all to Carnauba wax. I`m wondering why EX-P works ok with a "carnauba" product. Where am I missing something?

imported_NHBFAN
09-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

I don`t want to top #16 with EX-P.

What I`m trying to understand is how the Carnauba in the Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba (PwC) is different then a straight carnauba like #16. I thought most sealants don`t bond well or at all to Carnauba wax. I`m wondering why EX-P works ok with a "carnauba" product. Where am I missing something?

Ohhhhhhhhh,

I don`t know why EX and EX-P bond so well to PwC while other sealants need a more pristine surface.

Perhaps one of our resident chemist or maybe even Steve himself could address this.

Scottwax
09-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Both Poorboys and Clearkote are lifesavers when no shade is available. I do find the regular EX a bit easier (as in less dusting) on hot paint than EX-P though.

MattZ28
09-01-2004, 11:51 PM
^Ditto. Yesterday it was nearly 100 degrees out. In the afternoon I decided to wax the car in the sun instead of the garage just to see how good Poorboy`s products work in the sun. I did the whole front end with EX, let it sit for a bit and it wiped off even easier than it does if I do it in the garage. Keep in mind dark green paint gets hotter than black.