PDA

View Full Version : Puke Cleanup

pyropoptrt
08-28-2004, 11:21 AM
One my friends accidently puked in my car the other night. Right after it happened I cleaned all that I could see with napkins I had in my glove box. After I got back to my apartment five minutes later I dosed the interior with a box of baking soda to neutralize the smell and soak up any wet stuff I might have missed. When I get off work today my plan is vacuum up all of the baking soda and clean my carpets and seats with Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam Spray. Since I poured a box a baking soda in the car right after it happened there is no puke smell in my car. Does anyone else have any suggestions for cleaning up the mess? :nixweiss

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2004, 11:23 AM
My friend who is reading over my shoulder had a suggestion...don`t give that friend a ride in your car anymore! :nono

pyropoptrt
08-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeah, well my friend is going to help me clean my car this afternoon after I get off of work. Lucky for me most of it is on the outside of the car. :rolleyes:

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2004, 12:50 PM
:scared That`ll take the paint right off!!

Lowejackson
08-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Oxiclean is very effective on vomit as for the paint, wash that stuff away from the paint, I would rinse with a lot of water just to make sure.

pyropoptrt
08-28-2004, 02:12 PM
what kind of mix ratio do you suggest for the oxiclean?

Lowejackson
08-28-2004, 02:24 PM
I used the recommended mix from the container, sorry I cannot remember what that was.

It worked very well when my son was sick over most of the interior of the car due to drinking to much