PDA

View Full Version : Extremly Clean Tires?

imported_GregCavi
08-27-2004, 11:02 PM
heys guys

I am looking for the holy product that will give me the cleanest tires on the block.. i like most people have tried there fair share of products but have not reached anything i love yet.. i always use westlys to get mire tires clean. i have used the foam in a can wich cleans nice but doesnt last.. also turtle wax tire shine which is a gel and i have tried to buff it in but that doesnt yeild results.. my latest it eagle on tire wet.. it is shiny to start but gets my hubs.. yes hubs.. all black .. even after cleaning...

I want a product that will last for more than a day and give me a deep wet shine.

NorthPac
08-28-2004, 07:28 AM
For a cleaner your favorite degreaser and elbow grease. On that clean look try aerospace 303, it`s 100% UV protection and anti static plus it`s a restorer.

Some apply it and leave it or buff some apply one coat let set and apply the second coat and buff.

Jesstzn
08-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I use Eagle 1 mostly on my customers cars *but* you need to have the tire clean first. The Eagle 1 isn`t making the hub black its the Eagle 1 lifting the brake dust on the tire then slinging it from over application.

The Whestlys is my prefered cleaner.

None of the water based dressings are going to last very long including 303 which is no different than the rest outside of the resin content.

The key is to get a very clean tire then dress it properly. You may need to add a layer or 2 to get the look but let the first layer dry and in the case of the silicone content ones rub it in so there is no liquid left.

As for the spray on foam dressings they don`t clean anything they just layer dressing on the dirt and brake dust.

The claim of "UV" protection comes from the resin barrier created and the additional shine, which reflects the damaging UV`s. This protection is only there as long as the product is.

ALAN81
08-28-2004, 09:13 AM
SIMPLE GREEN MIXED WITH WATER 1-4 AND A BRUSH

Bill D
08-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Uh oh,

Westleys and Simple Green might lead to another

:argue

Jesstzn
08-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Uh oh,

Westleys and Simple Green might lead to another

:argue

Not from me. :xyxthumbs

Woob
08-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Does the brush really matter? I`ve had alot of problems with tires and its getting troublesome. Tried greased lightning with 1 of my wheel brushes, Extreme APC by HiTemp with a brush diluted to some degree, and all other bits. How can you tell a tire is really clean? :nixweiss

Bill D
08-28-2004, 10:55 AM
I`ve read for very stubborn dirty tires a metal ( copper?) bristle tire brush may do the trick. I don`t know about you, but that scares the daylights out of me, the thought of one slip against the wheel =:scared

I suppose if the tire is really desperate its worth a ( very cautious) shot