PDA

View Full Version : Still troubled on deciding what polish/wax to use

Bowens99gt
08-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok guys Ive decided to get the foam pad kit here http://autogeek.net/bf100.html since it comes with everything I need.

Now on to the polishes and waxes. I first thought menzerna then I was like eh maybe not then I heard about all these other options. I saw that guys integra with the red looks like 18`s on it and I love how that paint looks and he had EX and Natty`s I think so I kinda decided on that since my car is red but mines not quite as bright. So as of now I`m thinking the EX and SSR2.5 whatever its called.

My plans would be Wash, Clay, SSR2.5 w/ orange pad, EX w/ white pad, and NXT or #16 by hand.

Im still undecided but I know I want my stang to look clean, bright, and reflective.

Heres a pic as it sits now:

Accumulator
08-27-2004, 05:51 PM
I`d expect you to need a milder polish/pad combo after the SSR2.5/orange, but I haven`t actually tried it so I dunno for sure. I always use a *very* mild polish/pad combo before applying a LSP and it makes a big difference.

hirosh
08-27-2004, 06:15 PM
it is possible you might need an extra milder polish after ssr2.5

i haven`t used one of those orange pads, which is suppose to be like a cutting/polishing pad, i think. you might have some lucky with that.

i would suggest doing EX three times, before topping it. the look would be similar to the one of my mach1 in my avatar. also, i don`t think NXT would be a good topper, as it is more of a sealant than a wax, and has some slight cleaning abilities. you`d want to use a pure wax, like #16 or Natty`s.

also, use the grey finishing pad to apply the EX. or you could do it by hand. EX is a sealant and you don`t need to use a polishing pad (white) to put it on.

well, here`s a pic of my brother`s red ranger with one coat of EX and one coat of Natty`s:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Ranger/ranger03.jpg

Bowens99gt
08-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok so I guess I forgot to add the second polish.

so heres the final list:

~ Foam pad kit

~ ssr2.5

~ eerrr :o

Bowens99gt
08-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Should I just go with Menzerna IP and FP? then top with 3x EX and then coat of wax?

hirosh
08-27-2004, 07:37 PM
you can follow up SSR2.5 with SSR1. in my experience with those two, i sometimes had to follow up with SS1, sometimes i didn`t. i`m not sure why, but i`m pretty new to working with those. sometimes i had to use Meg`s #9 to get out the left over haze.

the menzerna IP and FP would work too. i`m not sure on user friendly they are. but they just be like pb`s SSR2.5 and SSR1. both pb`s and menzerna polishes don`t contain fillers.

oh, i also forgot i to mention i used VM before the EX/Natty`s on my brother`s ranger. for that truck, it was SSR2.5, SSR1, VM, EX, Natty`s.

so you might want to consider getting some VM. it`s great, you can apply on almost everything else on the car, you don`t need a lot, a few drops can go a long way, it makes the surface nice and slick, which is helpful for when you are applying EX, as the EX is a little thick, and needs to be spread thin. the VM helps you spread the EX out.

also have you saw rjstaaf`s stang? it`s a laser red one, and he likes to use mainly meg`s products: NXT, #7 w/ #26.