PDA

View Full Version : Layering Wax

Turbofree
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
A quick question, I currently use Zymol concours wax and today I clayed, HD cleansed and put on one coat of wax. I have been told by Zymol that the more layers of wax I put on the deeper shine I should get. From pass experience this is true and I always wait 24 hours been each coat. After 24 hours I wash the car and then apply another coat.

So my question is, should I wash between coats and is 24 hours the right time to wait?

Thanks.

David Fermani
08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Turbofree

A quick question, I currently use Zymol concours wax and today I clayed, HD cleansed and put on one coat of wax. I have been told by Zymol that the more layers of wax I put on the deeper shine I should get. From pass experience this is true and I always wait 24 hours been each coat. After 24 hours I wash the car and then apply another coat.

So my question is, should I wash between coats and is 24 hours the right time to wait?

Thanks.

Great choice of wax. I doubt you will not notice any difference with additional coat unless you use a magnifying glass. I bet the wax will break down if you wash it in between coats.

cmk-2
08-27-2004, 04:39 PM
hi there turbo free glad to see someone else from england. :wavey .as a ex zymol detailer i use to find that yes you will get a slight difference with addtional layers but you will get more depth of shine if you do the following

wash

clay

use the zymol cleaner wax

hd cleanse

then wax

by doing this you will find greater depth to your shine.