PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best leather treatment for almost new leather?

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
My car is only 7 months old but I want to keep the leather fully nourished and clean.

What products should I look at and what should I do for such recent leather?

Thanks in advance for your help. :wavey

Douxebris
08-28-2004, 06:57 AM
My favorite one-step is Meguiar`s Medallion Leather Care. My favorite two-step cleaner / protectant is Lexol. Either of these will serve you well.

SilverBelle04
08-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Laughhunn

My favorite one-step is Meguiar`s Medallion Leather Care. My favorite two-step cleaner / protectant is Lexol. Either of these will serve you well.

Do either of the above smell like leather ?

Tks Bob

imported_memnuts
08-28-2004, 08:22 AM
I would not label any product the best, but I have had great success with Zaino`s leather care products Z9 and Z10. The cleaner works great and the conditioner is plain fantastic. Leather smell (IMO) and completely non-greasy. Both products are easy to use. If you are looking for the unnatural glossy appearance, this is not for you.

Z9 and Z10 work equally well on my Lexus tan/beige leather and my black Z28 leather. Love that new leather interior smell. :xyxthumbs

RedondoV6
08-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

My car is only 7 months old but I want to keep the leather fully nourished and clean.

What products should I look at and what should I do for such recent leather?

Thanks in advance for your help. :wavey

I agree with blkZ28Conv, Zaino Z9 and Z10 work very well. You do not have to buff off the conditioner and they fill my autos with the most realistic leather scent I have found to date.

I just dampen a MF cloth with water then spray it with a little Z9 cleaner, use that to clean the leather and then use a foam applicator for the conditioner. I have even used the Z10 conditioner on my vinyl at times because it leaves a less of a shine than Vinylex.

I just wish Zaino sold their leather conditioners in larger containers so I did not have to order 3 or 4 at a time!

Sveta
08-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Agree with Z10 recommendations.

I use Woolite to clean and sometimes Lexol`s cleaner.

Douxebris
08-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Neither Meg`s or Lexol smell like leather. They just clean and soften, without that "too-shiney" look. I`m sure I`ll get some of the Zaino product someday myself, just to see if it rejuvenates the leather smell that we all like...

ESP
08-28-2004, 01:36 PM
I prefer Leatherique over Zainos and Zymol...

even has somewhat of a leather smell.

Scott P
08-29-2004, 07:33 AM
I`ve always used Lexol with very good results. It does leave the surfacejust slightly oily though. I`ve heard good things about Zaino`s leather products, but haven`t tried them. The leather products from Four Star are getting some pretty good reviews. From what I`ve read, they are as good as Lexol, but smell better and doesn`t leave the oily feeling behind.

I`ll try them next month when I condition the seats again. Actually, I do have a leather sofa and chair that could use a good cleaning and conditioning.

SilverLexus
08-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the great feedback.

I think I`m going to use the Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 products that I have. I have used the Megs and Zymol products before on my prior car and they are good. I have not tried Leatherique but I have heard good things.

imported_Blake
08-29-2004, 10:29 AM
I like Lexol and have had good success with it on several different vehicles. A friend of mine in the equestrian business uses it for saddles and that indicates it holds up well and does its intended job.

I can`t comment on Zaino but there have been too many favourable comments on the forum to count it out.

roadster
08-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Have read a bunch of favorable testimonials on Zaino Z10, but does anyone know how long the leather rejuvinating smell lasts?

Thanks,,,

Nic

RedondoV6
08-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nic Walker

Have read a bunch of favorable testimonials on Zaino Z10, but does anyone know how long the leather rejuvinating smell lasts?

Thanks,,,

Nic

Nic, for me .. the Z10 leather smell is still there when I detail the interiors of my cars, at the end of each month. The leather scent lasts much longer than any air freshner I have tried and IMHO the smell is much nicer than the average newcar/leather scent you find in many products; several passengers have complimented me on the scent too.:D

Bill D
08-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Lexol fan here too. Out of everything in my arsenal, this is the product I`ve been using for the longest time. To ensure even appearance and to drastically cut back on the oily effect some expereince, wipe down the surfaces of the seats thoroughly with cotton towels. Does the trick for me :up

4runnerGuy
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
I have used many conditioners over the years, and although I love my blue magic leather cleaner and blue magic cream conditioner, I took inventory of some zaino z10 last monday due to good reviews and its infamous new leather smell. This is truly and elite product. I applied some to just my passenger seat (due to my leather not needing to be conditoned yet) after receiving it last monday and the new leather smell is still present. I`m surprised every time I open the door. My girlfriend even noticed and she generally doesn`t comment on stuff like that. The lotion is not oily at all, absorded quickly, and left a nice matte finish. I`m surprised there are so many fans of Lexol, as I find it to be oily. In conclusion, go with z10....you won`t regret it. It was on my porch in 1 day!! (from NJ to OKC!)