PDA

View Full Version : What brand wax ?

imported_GregCavi
08-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi

I have a red cavalier and i have been using meguirs cleaner wax on it.. i do it when it needs it and it is smooth and doesnt need clay. What kind of wax should i use after the cleaner wax? I have been told to use a polish and then a pure wax.. im confused. I usally just buy wax at an auto parts store and stick to mothers and meguirs.. i am in high school and dont have the kind of money to buy the zaino and other expensive waxes.. Can anyone tell me what they recomend as far as what stages i should do after the cleaner wax?

:nixweiss

BillNorth
08-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by GregCavi

Hi

I have a red cavalier and i have been using meguirs cleaner wax on it.. i do it when it needs it and it is smooth and doesnt need clay. What kind of wax should i use after the cleaner wax? I have been told to use a polish and then a pure wax.. im confused. I usally just buy wax at an auto parts store and stick to mothers and meguirs.. i am in high school and dont have the kind of money to buy the zaino and other expensive waxes.. Can anyone tell me what they recomend as far as what stages i should do after the cleaner wax?

:nixweiss

Don`t bother with anything after the cleaner wax. Waxing or sealing should always be your last step. It sounds as though you are already doing as much as you want/need to. I wouldn`t worry about other stuff/steps. Just wash with car wash soap every 3 weeks and cleaner wax every three months.

Bill.

raymond_ho2002
08-27-2004, 01:22 PM
I agree with Bill.

Cleaner wax is like the Pert Plus of polish/waxes; shampoo and conditioner all in one. Polishing cleans the paint, waxing protects. Cleaner wax polishes and protects in one step. You do not need anything else.

audio1der
08-27-2004, 01:48 PM
When you run out of cleaner wax if you want to try something different, buy either the Mothers or Meguiars 3-step system; Pre-wax cleaner, Sealer & Glaze, and 100% carnauba. It`s a step up from their cleaner waxes, in that it doesn`t compromise much at any step. Plus, you can layer the wax.

:wavey

ALAN81
08-27-2004, 01:53 PM
WHAT`S THE MATTER WITH PERT PLUS?

raymond_ho2002
08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

WHAT`S THE MATTER WITH PERT PLUS?

Who said there was anything wrong with it? I didn`t.

Treatment man
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
When you run out of cleaner wax if you want to try something different, buy either the Mothers or Meguiars 3-step system; Pre-wax cleaner, Sealer & Glaze, and 100% carnauba. It`s a step up from their cleaner waxes, in that it doesn`t compromise much at any step. Plus, you can layer the wax.

100% carnauba no such thing:nixweiss

Scottwax
08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
For about $20, you can buy Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 and #26 High Tech Yellow Wax and get a great shine that will rival more expensive combinations.

lbls1
08-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Treatment man

100% carnauba no such thing:nixweiss

Very true. I recommend Mother`s California Gold Pure Wax system.

imported_Larry A
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
If the car looks good after the cleaner wax and you want to add just a little more you can top with Meguiars # 26 or NXT or Mothers pure carnuba.