PDA

View Full Version : Found Some Interesting Marketing from KY Detailer …

Lynn Matthews
08-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Just found this on Ebay and thought some of you might find it interesting to watch and see if it works at all...

Ebay Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5917196536&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1)

Lynn

scottabir
08-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Interesting Idea. we`ll see how it turns out.

imported_SouthernZ71
08-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Funny you should post this. I sell a good bit of stuff on Ebay and was talking to a friend of my Father`s and he suggested doing something like this.

Def. going to watch this...

joburnet
08-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I checked and he`s had one of these up every week for at least a month and hasn`t sold any of them yet.

tpgsr
08-25-2004, 06:43 PM
The thing is, does anyone actually know that the offer is up there?? I bet that with the local forums that i sponsor, if i put one up on-line and made a post about it, i would sell them out fast, People love getting something for cheap. If i can get $20 for a $25 GC, i lose a couple dollars, but that is one two or 3 more people that are going to be telling friends about my service, and giving me a review. for the $5 or maybe even less, you could feasibly sell it for $24, it is still a deal to them, you cant get advertising that cheap anywhere. Even a small paper ad is a few hundred.

I am going to post this idea elsewhere and see what people think

Superior Shine
08-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Doesn’t make any sense. What target is he going after, people with time to surf the net and look for a good deal (price shoppers) ?

I like the idea that he is trying something new but I believe he is "shooting in the dark".

I target upper income business owners and upper company officers. Basically these are people with newer nice cars, that want to keep them nice, don`t have the time to leave them at a shop and have the budget to afford an auto detailer.

grimmster
08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Even if he never sells one, that auction alone has 131 views (although, how many of those came from us?) so it`s cheap advertising....

ncal
08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Just my read on this advertising scheme:

I use Ebay when I want to get something cheaper and only for that reason. I think the majority of people who are interested in that GC will be those that are also going for the deal. My business is going slow but I also have learned that its the people looking for a deal that are not ideal detail customers. For instance I don`t imagine someone who got a $25 GC for $20 is going to want to pay for a full detail but just get something cheap.

imported_mirrorfinishman
08-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Sometimes the best returns for your marketing efforts will come from your ability to give someone the opportunity to discover your detailing business. That’s what marketing is all about. It’s about all of the things you do to allow someone the opportunity to discover and find out more about your business.

You know your marketing efforts are working when a new customer feels good about discovering your detailing business. That feeling of discovery goes a long way in establishing a life long customer.

Thank you Lynn for sharing your discovery.