PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this??

NY_Joe
08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
No.7 Clearcoat Polishing compound

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/images/dupont/06610_3X.jpg

What is it good for?? As a general polish. I only remember this brand as a RUBBNG compound.

Any help?

Spilchy
08-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Put it down and move away from the bottle.

Slowly turn away and go to your computer.

Carefully go online and purchase Meguiar`s DACP, Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 or Einzett Ultra Polish.

:p

That stuff can cause harm to your paint. It does not have the diminishing abrasives that breakdown into a polish to nicely buff out your finish.

You`ll wind up marring your paint and causing more damage.

If you can`t get something online, try 3M Fine Cut Compound found at any Pep Boys. It`s not as abrasive as the others I mentioned. Just a suggestion if you can`t get any of the others.

Bill D
08-25-2004, 10:31 AM
I thought they still made that stuff

"rocks in a bottle" as Rod from Meg`s would say.

NY_Joe
08-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

I thought they still made that stuff

"rocks in a bottle" as Rod from Meg`s would say.

But it says it SAFELY REMOVES......:p

J/k...I didn`t buy it. I just saw it in the store and saw it was for clearcoat finishes. NEver saw that before.

I`m trying to build my collection.

Have a bunch of Meguiars stuff (Swirl Remover, show glaze, #26, qk dtlr), griots stuff , and my favorite carnuba.

Looking to try VM maybe but having 30% off at Meguiars make sme lean to wards them. : )

flyinhigh
08-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey, how do you get 30% off?

Im Jealous:D

NY_Joe
08-25-2004, 08:28 PM
See..its like this.....

I know this guy who knows a guy who is friends with a guy who`s cousin`s brother`s friend knows this person...........

LOL!! :p

Just kiddin...my wife works for a big media company that some people may use to browse this forum (hint) and they offer discounts on everything under the sun. Crap I never thought they would, they do.

I got my Saab convertible at GM employee price thanks to them.

One of the perks is a discount on Meguiars products. Good thing they make good products.

imported_series1
08-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Thats awesome! Lucky you I wish I could get 30% off meguiars products.

shaf
08-26-2004, 01:47 AM
I`ve seen that in a Canadian Tire catalog too I think... was kind of wondering about it, but given the lack of any information about that product I just totally forgot about it all together.

NY_Joe
08-26-2004, 07:23 AM
It`s funny that I posted this. I picked up a whole bunch of stuff (detailing supplies) from a friend who just got a divorce and sold his house. He didn`t want the extra clutter in his temp place.

He told me to use what I want. I went through it and found a bottle of this in there!!!!! I asked him why he had it and he said it cost him 2.99 and he remembers NO/7 from back in the day. He never used it though...he was afraid what it might do!!!

Strange coincidence!:eek: