PDA

View Full Version : possible oxidation help!?

GregCavi
10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Hello All

I do some detailing for our local ford dealer. It is not hard to please the dealer with my work. He always gives me dusty cars and says u dont need to wash it just wax over the dust.. it adds grit.. he adds.. while i gather my thoughts and stop to cringe at that thought i go and wash the vehicles before i wax them. ITs friday night and tommaorws project so i was told is 2 vehicles a ford ranger and a saturn someting.. well he said they have some oxidation. I dont not own a buffer yet.. i am 16.. and poor.. i plan to have one by spring.. i have megs scratch x which is said to perhaps remove oxidation .. any thoughts.. i can grab supplies from the detailer also.. i have a feeling he will offer me a comound.. should i turn that down? what product am i looking for? or what products do i want to avoid? i used megs scratch x to easily revive our john deeres dull green paint to a bright green lustre. Will this act the same on a vehicle? I plan to wash .. scratch x .. and nxt.. should i supstitute the nxt for a megs cleaner wax? i prefer the nxt because it comes of much easier than the cleaner wax. i dont clay the vehicles because the dealer doesnt want me to do that work on the vehicles.. i would sure appreciate your help. if i can get some suggestions i would sure sleep better tonight.. thanks very much

Greg

Eliot Ness
10-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Greg, I think a better product would be Meg`s Colorx. Scratchx is geared more toward spot scratch removal, where Colorx is made to clean the entire paint finish from stuff like oxidation.

Another good product, but one you have to order on-line is Klasse AIO, it really cleans the paint up nicely.

Although both AIO and Colorx provide some protection to the paint it’s best to follow up with a sealer or wax for longer lasting protection. NXT is a cleaner wax so you may want to try that first and see if it gets the job done, just depends on how bad the finish is. Good luck!

John

RedondoV6
10-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I agree with John, try Megs colorX or your other favorite product containing strong chemical cleaners. It is cheap compared to some other OTC products and it is one step product too, so it may suit the "price-sensitivity" of this dealership (trying to be nice here!)

Good luck! :)

GregCavi
10-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Hello again

Thanks for your suggestions..

We are limited to a napa store in town here so i will go and see what napa has to offer.. i hope to find the megs color x there..

Thanks

GReg

RedondoV6
10-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Greg, Try Walmart too .. they normally have it in their auto section (check low down on the shelf, near the cheap rubbing compounds).

Mike

pappy
10-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Hello again

We are limited to a napa store

GReg

hmm i dont believe he has a walmart.....

mtodde
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
AIO is my favorite product for oxidation however I have recently had some success with Meg`s DACP also on a gold car that was badly oxidized...you can sometimes find the Meg`s Mirror Glaze products locally. Pep Boys even carries some of them.