PDA

View Full Version : I broke down and ordered a Porter Cable

TriPinTaZ
08-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks to MattZ28, I coudlnt take the swirls anymore and ordered the Porter Cable, some Vanilla Moose, and EX-P.

oh boy here comes the fun:bounce

mtodde
08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TriPinTaZ

Thanks to MattZ28, I coudlnt take the swirls anymore and ordered the Porter Cable, some Vanilla Moose, and EX-P.

oh boy here comes the fun:bounce

Cool...I bought one last week and bought some EX-P too. You will love the PC. I`ve heard lots of good reviews of the VM EXP combo.

One tip when applying EX-P (and probably everything else too)...you really don`t need that much product when using the PC...much less than when applying by hand. I kept adding EX-P to the pad thinking that I needed more...when I was done it was not fun trying to clean all the EX-P out of the pad...talk about a thick product!

A little goes a long way!

hirosh
08-24-2004, 07:44 PM
oh the fun you`ll have with your new PC! and i`m sure MattZ28 will teach you all you need to know! :xyxthumbs

MattZ28
08-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Don`t worry guys, before you know it, I`LL be calling HIM the psycho....muwahahaha :D

TriPinTaZ
08-24-2004, 10:07 PM
I ahve bought SOOOOO many different products because of MattZ28 and I dont know which one to ever try.

I have the complete FK1USA.com package which includes the decontaim kit( which I used last week )

then it has 3 steps of sealants and a pink wax

-very good product i tested this out on my hood today and WOW.

I also have the Quick detailer ( very nice product )

the Quick Wax for just after washes ( great shine restorer, I like it )

Then I also got S100 paint cleaner/ swirl remover and S100 pure carnauba wax

-never used the paint cleaner, but did try the wax, defianatly MY current FAVORITE wax.

I also have a complete line of Zaino Products

-awesome look but never had much luck getting it to last.

other misc products I had before the above products and never plan to use again. Infact I dont know why I havent thrown it away yet.

3M swirl remover = Didnt remove ****

Rain X quick spray wax = never used

2001 liquid wax = complete crap never used again

Turtle wax paste wax = I dont know where it came from and I have never used it.

Think this is enough.????? NOPE

Thanks to MattZ28 I just ordered Vanilla Moose and EX-P with my PC.

So my next pictures will be with the following

Vanilla Moose

2 layers of EX-P

1 layer of FK1 Pink Wax

Then I will probably follow up with S100 wax after 48 hours

I`m catching the PC craze ! I want it now, I keep staring at my detail stuff wishing my Porter Cable was there.......only a few more days to wait:dance

TW85 HHI
08-24-2004, 10:58 PM
I`m going to be joining the PC crowd soon. I`m a little shocked at the cost of the various pads, however...

Who ever said making your car look great was cheap? :D

I`m thinking it is cheaper for me to buy the 7336SP (model#?) from Lowes and order pads online than it is to buy everything through online retailers. :nixweiss

My steps will include:

-Wash (Meguiar`s Gold Class-by far my favorite wash)

-Clay

-Swirl Remover (undecided on product)

-Klasse AIO

-Klasse SG x2

-P21S x2

Need to read up a bit mroe on P21S but I am almost positive I have read of many people layering it over SG.

mtodde
08-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Need to read up a bit mroe on P21S but I am almost positive I have read of many people layering it over SG. [/B]

Cool, you got logged on!

That is a popular combo...personally I think it would look better on a darker car...our silver is pretty light.

JayJayPG
08-24-2004, 11:35 PM
The PC is a must have for anyone on this website. I debated for a long time about whether to buy one or not and my only regret is not buying it sooner.

TW85 HHI
08-25-2004, 12:29 AM
mtodde,

Yeah, I`ve thought about the P21S on darker cars versus our light silver. My dad`s vehicle is black and once I remove all the surface scratching I think P21S would look great on it. My mom`s car, like mine, is silver but slightly darker (Toyota`s Thunder Cloud). I really like the effect the Klasse twins give on silver but if I can enhance it, I definitely will. Have a suggestion for a carnauba topping for silver? S100? Nattys?

Have thought about just using good ol` Meguiars #16...

AutoFreak615
08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
after reading all these posts and seeing all the pictures, i am about to buy one myself. look what u guys did. buy the way, what is the difference between the 7424 and the 7336sp? and how will it affect the results of the detail?

TW85 HHI
08-25-2004, 12:40 AM
I went to Porter Cable`s website and compared the 7424 against the 7336. Same specs. I think the only difference is the 7424 comes with a 5" backing plate whereas the 7336 comes with a 6".

AutoFreak615
08-25-2004, 01:01 AM
so would the 7336sp be able to use the sonus das pad kit? if that was a stupid question, sorry, i m a newb.

Cam
08-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Check out this (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14421) thread. Everything you`ll need to know to purchase a PC... :up