PDA

View Full Version : 1st Detail with PC

Midlifecrisis
08-24-2004, 07:07 PM
I just finished my first detailing of my V70R with a PC. I picked up the car in February and had 4 coats of Zaino on it. I liked the shine and durability of the Zaino but I wanted to try a different look and wanted to try out the PC. Here`s my steps;

wash

Clay

Wash

dry

Painter`s tape over all the plastic trim

Meg. #7 (PC on 4)

NXT

#40 to darken the trim

Autoglym Tire dressing

I was worried about the #7 on clearcoat from my reading here but I put it on thin, worked it in with the PC, let it dry and it wiped off easy. This weekend I`ll put on another coat of NXT then I may try a P21S to top it off and keep away the dust. First time posting pics hopefully you can see them

Midlifecrisis
08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Here is another:

Midlifecrisis
08-24-2004, 07:12 PM
One last one to show the shine.

Midlifecrisis
08-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Overall I was pleased with the difference in the look with #7/NXT vs. Zaino. The paint definitely looks darker. I may have put the NXT on too thin with the PC so a second coat this weekend hopefully will increase depth. I must admit the NXT is really easy to apply. I wouldn`t mind just putting it on once every 3 washes.

Any suggestions for washing detergent (I have NXT, Z7, Meg. Gold Class) to maintain NXT? How about quick detail suggestions for NXT (I have FI and Z6)?

In a down the road I`m hoping to try the Klasse twins and continue to experiment.

Any comments/suggestions?

By the way this site is a tremendous source of info--I think I`ve just about worn out the search button...lol

One more pic I forgot to add:

Carl Anderson
08-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Very nice job! I`m just hoping my car/detailing obsession is a midlife and not an end of life crisis.

mtodde
08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Great job. I`m not a big NXT fan, but it does smell good. It looks good on the dark metallic gray. IMO, NXT looks much better on dark colors than on light colors.

If you don`t mind applying another coat from time to time, I think that would be better than using their Booster Wax...it took as long as waxing the car. I`ll leave it to other`s for a QD for the NXT.

I like the NXT wash pretty well...and it smells good too. It really has worked well the times I have used it. Gold Class is everybody`s best for the money wash and I really like the suds you get.