PDA

View Full Version : Polymer or Carnauba

Intercooled
08-24-2004, 05:14 PM
I`ve been reading on here and asking some questions about using carnauba as a topper. My car( black Grand national) is mainly a show car and sunday driver, always garaged and under cover. I currently have Zaino on it. I like the high gloss look and slick surface. But through my readings and research on here I`ve been seeing alot of using Carnauba over an acrylic system (Klasse) or like polishes. I`m looking for the wetest,deepest, most "passionate` appearence. A real looker and show winner!!

I assume that its all in ones opinion and perception of what looks best. Some of you guys have alot of experience with different approaches and techniques and I`m looking for a majority consensus of which way to go. I`m not too concerned about durability because the car isn`t out too much. Applying product more often woudn`t bother me as I enjoy working on my car anyhow.

Thanks for any input

imported_BretFraz
08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Maybe start a poll and let people vote on various options/combos?

When you click on "new thread" the polling option is at the bottom and the post goes to the poll forum and is displayed on the main page.

Intercooled
08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks Bretfraz I`ll set that up!

GoodnClean
08-24-2004, 07:35 PM
My feeling is why not try?

To me applying a paste wax to a car by hand is a labor of love that just can`t be duplicated with complicated systems like Zaino or liquid sealants applied by PC. Those things have their place, but not much is as enjoyable as just applying a paste wax. My bet is you`ll enjoy the process and the result.

ALAN81
08-25-2004, 09:31 AM
to me this is simple......In the warmer days when I can wash and wax weekly I will use carnuba,in the dead of winter when you cant (or most people can`t wax) using a polymer or sealent is better for then and longer lasting

HotRodGuy
08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17870